Question is it okay if i switch this ssd to the other

Yes, I have a pair of those Kingston A400 drives and they are pretty good for the price but your Crucial is twice the capacity and hence the price difference.
If you carefully choose what you install and keep on it as OS drive, it might do but it's really small. Keep in mind that windows need 10 - 20GB free just to function normally and after windows installation your C:\ partition will be only 111.6 GB.
Clean installation of Windows will take about 25GB out of that and grow with use.

120 GB SSDs are just short of useless today....

Install WIndows, a few commonly used utilities and programs, and then forever afterward battling why one has so little space left.

Sell some plasma if you must, but, get something bigger. Cut the stupid WD 2 TB storage drive, and your chosen SSD, and devote $109 to an Intel 1 TB 660P NVME/M.2 SSD....you can add a spinner for storage later....

Apr 19, 2019
Yes, I have a pair of those Kingston A400 drives and they are pretty good for the price but your Crucial is twice the capacity and hence the price difference.
If you carefully choose what you install and keep on it as OS drive, it might do but it's really small. Keep in mind that windows need 10 - 20GB free just to function normally and after windows installation your C:\ partition will be only 111.6 GB.
Clean installation of Windows will take about 25GB out of that and grow with use.
but if i want to get a better ssd in the future will i be able to replace the ssd with the OS

USAFRet

Titan
The 2TB HDD you've chosen is just as good as any other.

As mentioned in your other thread, that 120GB Kingston is a mistake.
I strongly urge you to heed the recommendations of people who have been around the block a time or two with these things.

USAFRet

Titan

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($57.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.20 @ Newegg Business)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card ($348.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($76.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($60.31 @ B&H)
Total: $983.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-20 09:14 EDT-0400

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that SSD is very bad because it's just too small.

You want at very least 250gb, and i recommend samsungs for their warranty, quality, and their 3d V-nand something... something... basically they last much longer... but that was a big thing in 2016, i guess SSD's are quite reliable as a whole by now. I've samsung 850Pro 1TB that i dont think ill replace for over decade.

I currently own a HP S700 boot ssd. While my HP s700 is from a well known brand and is able to boot my pc to windows 10 in about 20-25 seconds, the 120gb capacity is cramped and the ssd is still much slower than a quality drive like a mx500 or 860 evo.
120gb capacity drives arent filled at first after installing windows, but they fill up quickly. If you install programs onto a hard drive like I do, the installer has to put some files on your ssd. 250gb ssd is a minimum as a boot drive.
My kingston sa400 240gb game drive is a lot faster than the HP S700 and the 240 capacity is much more suitable for windows. The kingstons performance is a fair bit behind a mx500 or 860 evo, but for a game drive where i just need decent speed and dont store valuable data, the kingston is fine.

I would suggest buying at least a 240 or 256 gb ssd. If you are going on a budget you could buy a kingston sa400 240gb ssd, but if you can squeeze a 256gb mx500 or 860 evo in budget, i would advise you to go that route.

Don't trust your overall system responsiveness and your data to a cheap, no name drive. Quality drives only cost the price of a nice dinner out and bring higher quality, better longevity, and faster speed to your system.

Last edited: