Is it okay to use an adapter?

stenterstal

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Will I lose any display quality if I would use a displayport to vga adapter to plug in my monitor?
And what is the max inch size I should buy with a 1080p screen?
Also, is ultra-wide a thing for gaming and movies?

Solution
1. there will be no noticeable deference with adapter, though it will reduce the quality due to conversions from digital to analog and back to digital.
2. I wouldn't recommend 1080p screen over 24" for general usage - games/movies only are fine, but with text/browsing the image is not very sharp.
3. I love UW monitors, they are excelent for 21:9 movies. not all games support this aspect ratio natively. when a game do support it, it's very immersive experience
1. there will be no noticeable deference with adapter, though it will reduce the quality due to conversions from digital to analog and back to digital.
2. I wouldn't recommend 1080p screen over 24" for general usage - games/movies only are fine, but with text/browsing the image is not very sharp.
3. I love UW monitors, they are excelent for 21:9 movies. not all games support this aspect ratio natively. when a game do support it, it's very immersive experience

Solution