Question is it okey for me to use 2 fans on top to blow and 1 in back to pull out?

Jun 10, 2022
Hello! am wondering if 2 fans on top is okay for cooling and 1 in back to pull out or to put it other way around?

Atm i dont have money to buy new case i spent all on new Motherbord GIGABYTE B450 GAIMING X, CPU R5 3600, 3 Fans, Used GPU 1070 8gb ( it works fine i changed paste and thermal pads) so atm am broke :/

Also dont tell me to buy a new one or save money like i legit need cooling in pc atm it hot as hell these days and i cant play a game without the GPU reaching 80*C (i opened the side panel of my case and when i go in AAA games i get 60-70 it in middle somewhere or constant 60 so we doing better now for now) and making my room into a inferno...so i need cooling asap so i need to know if this temp. solution is good enough until i can get more money for a bit better case that comes with bigger fans and better airflow for it so it not enclosed like my case :/

Sooo....dose that method work? For my current case i legit cant remove front panel and even if i force it some how i wont have good air flow from front if i put the front panel
back cuz front has barrly gaps for good air flow :/ it crap case from 2019 or older

160140_5fe608b10e5a5.jpg

(Atlos Black Phanter Wintson "there is MS on front of the case at bottom")

Lutfij

Titan
The image/link you've parsed helps very little in terms of showing it's strengths, given how the site off of which you found the image has nothing of relevance to the topic in question;
https://www.winwin.rs/kuciste-ms-industrial-winston-gaming-bez-napajanja-6829388.html

Maybe take some pictures or a video of your case to help us understand it better and perhaps guide you through the other options you might have at hand that are a better idea.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Usually, front, side, and bottom fans are intake (pull cool air into case). Top and rear fans are exhaust (suck hot air out of case).

What you want is airflow. Usually that means, at a minimum, front intake fans and (at least one) rear exhaust fan.

Do you have any front fans installed?

Are there any fans on the front at all?

You will probably have to experiment to get the best setup.

Generally....you want to guide the air from front to rear and from bottom to top as best you can.

If you have NO front intakes, you will probably have problems.

If you DO have a front intake, my first idea would probably be to put the rear and top fans to exhaust air.....blowing out. Adjust from that after you try it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i legit need cooling in pc atm it hot as hell these days
GPU reaching 80*C
i opened the side panel of my case and when i go in AAA games i get 60-70 it in middle somewhere or constant 60 so we doing better now
How fast your room heats up is NOT from operating temperatures. It is from total system power consumption.
Dropping 20C off the gpu changes nothing if it remains pulling 150-170w of power on average, of which some of that energy has to go somewhere: your room.
A PC is ultimately a space heater. Don't want the cpu, gpu, and every other device inside the PC heating up your room? You're going to have to get a little crafty, or live with it.

Since the finances are in the red, the cheapest method is through the use of external fans and windows/doors, and 'guiding' the heat exhausted from the PC right out the door or window - whichever is closest to the PC.
Set up a fan to blow out through a window. With a second fan, use that one to bring in cooler air from the doorway.

Another method would be to figure out a way to set up the PC outside of your room, or in a different room, so it exhausts there instead.

After that, probably air conditioning, but that's more of a brute force method.

Reactions: KyaraM
Jun 10, 2022
How fast your room heats up is NOT from operating temperatures. It is from total system power consumption.
Dropping 20C off the gpu changes nothing if it remains pulling 150-170w of power on average, of which some of that energy has to go somewhere: your room.
A PC is ultimately a space heater. Don't want the cpu, gpu, and every other device inside the PC heating up your room? You're going to have to get a little crafty, or live with it.

Since the finances are in the red, the cheapest method is through the use of external fans and windows/doors, and 'guiding' the heat exhausted from the PC right out the door or window - whichever is closest to the PC.
Set up a fan to blow out through a window. With a second fan, use that one to bring in cooler air from the doorway.

Another method would be to figure out a way to set up the PC outside of your room, or in a different room, so it exhausts there instead.

After that, probably air conditioning, but that's more of a brute force method.
friend i stated that it's hot this days it summer...that not ganna help instead it will make my room living hell if i dare to open window(it 30-38*C where i live during summer) i got AC but not gonna leave it on constant only when it hot i use it to cool the rooms as that is all and when it heat up i re use the AC again....also i just wanted to know if 2 fans on top to blow and 1 at the back to pull out is some what okey? that is all...

also my case came in as a full prebuild pc so i cant remove or change front stuff at all it was placed such as u cant do much about it unless i use a sharp knife to make front part (for panel to have a gap to fit the fan from front side to scure it on :/) more open and so then i can put fans on front....i cant attach them if i cant sleep the fan inside...front side dosent work there is not enoguh big gap to slip it on the other side so i cant use the scrues on the inside part to mount them....so i dont have space for it the only ez parts are 2 top and 1 behind.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022
The image/link you've parsed helps very little in terms of showing it's strengths, given how the site off of which you found the image has nothing of relevance to the topic in question;
https://www.winwin.rs/kuciste-ms-industrial-winston-gaming-bez-napajanja-6829388.html

Maybe take some pictures or a video of your case to help us understand it better and perhaps guide you through the other options you might have at hand that are a better idea.
all i wanted to know my friend is if i can use the 2 fans top to cool and 1 in back to pull out...i just need to know that cuz front panels are stuck or are unremovable cuz i got it as prebuild pc ages ago and they made sure u cant remove front panels so it out of question also the i got 3 slots for 3 fans at front as i mentioned again i cant mount them cuz i need to remove front side t be able to add them i cant slip them from inside the case :/....so i just need to know if the METHOD i mentioned is fine for time being or no?

Jun 10, 2022
all i wanted to know my friend is if i can use the 2 fans top to cool and 1 in back to pull out...i just need to know that cuz front panels are stuck or are unremovable cuz i got it as prebuild pc ages ago and they made sure u cant remove front panels so it out of question....so i just need to know if the METHOD i mentioned is fine for time being or no?
Are there any fans on the front at all?

You will probably have to experiment to get the best setup.

Generally....you want to guide the air from front to rear and from bottom to top as best you can.

If you have NO front intakes, you will probably have problems.

If you DO have a front intake, my first idea would probably be to put the rear and top fans to exhaust air.....blowing out. Adjust from that after you try it.
no none and i cant mount any cuz i cant remove front panel at all...the shop where i got it as prebuild messed some stuff up...also from inside i cant there is not room or gap big enough for the fan to slip trough and be on the opiside on front side :/.
i just want to know if 2 on top to cool and 1 to blow out at back is good enough for a some what decent solution until i get enough money for a better case that comes with fans....that was my question all along...

Jun 10, 2022
Usually, front, side, and bottom fans are intake (pull cool air into case). Top and rear fans are exhaust (suck hot air out of case).

What you want is airflow. Usually that means, at a minimum, front intake fans and (at least one) rear exhaust fan.

Do you have any front fans installed?
none at front that is WHY me asked if i can put 2 top and 1 back (2 to blow and cool and 1 to pull out or the other way around?) cuz i cant mount any at front the case is messed up for front panel it unremovable almost....my question still stands, can i use the method i mentioned to get some what good cooling or it a no? i just need to makes sure i remove the hot air some what and make it a bit cooler inside so it dosent heat up that easy.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
none at front that is WHY me asked if i can put 2 top and 1 back (2 to blow and cool and 1 to pull out or the other way around?) cuz i cant mount any at front the case is messed up for front panel it unremovable almost....my question still stands, can i use the method i mentioned to get some what good cooling or it a no? i just need to makes sure i remove the hot air some what and make it a bit cooler inside so it dosent heat up that easy.
Getting more cool air into your system will help, but using the top mounts for that is not optimal for good airflow.

Are you using the stock AMD CPU cooler (Wraith variant)?

Do have any accessible bottom fan mounting points?

also my case came in as a full prebuild pc so i cant remove or change front stuff at all....................... i just wanted to know if 2 fans on top to blow and 1 at the back to pull out is some what okey? that is all.................i cant remove or change front stuff at all

All you can do is try. It is an unusual situation, but you will have to experiment.

No front fan is unusual, so you are very limited in what you can do.

I would try all 3 fans in exhaust mode as a first attempt. If that did not work well, try something else. You apparently have only 3 fan mounts, so there is not a lot of different possibilities. It shouldn't take you long to try them all.

Lutfij

Titan
Adding fans to a problem might not always solve the problem, you will need to perform trial and error...it's compounded with the fact that the case you're speaking is limited both in information and specs not to mention imagery when doing a reverse google image search.

You will need to provide images of your case/innards/build in order.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
friend i stated that it's hot this days it summer...that not ganna help instead it will make my room living hell if i dare to open window(it 30-38*C where i live during summer) i got AC but not gonna leave it on constant only when it hot i use it to cool the rooms as that is all and when it heat up i re use the AC again....also i just wanted to know if 2 fans on top to blow and 1 at the back to pull out is some what okey? that is all...
Ok. Your proposed fan setup will change nothing.
The room will continue to become an inferno regardless of how you swap around the fans. The heat has to, and will get out of the PC and into your room heating it up.

DSzymborski

Titan
friend i stated that it's hot this days it summer...that not ganna help instead it will make my room living hell if i dare to open window(it 30-38*C where i live during summer) i got AC but not gonna leave it on constant only when it hot i use it to cool the rooms as that is all and when it heat up i re use the AC again...

The fundamental thing you're missing is that a CPU/GPU cooler doesn't actually cool air, it simply removes it from the PC and transfers it into the air outside your PC. You could add 12 fans and have a fancy custom loop and have your PC run at much lower temperatures and it won't cool down your room at all. If your problem is room heat, PC cooling won't change that. 80 degrees for a GPU is not unusual. Power = heat; if you want less heat coming from your PC, you need to be using less power.

Jun 10, 2022
Getting more cool air into your system will help, but using the top mounts for that is not optimal for good airflow.

Are you using the stock AMD CPU cooler (Wraith variant)?

Do have any accessible bottom fan mounting points?
no i use a big wraith cooler that has massive heat sink (i hear this one is good for cooling)

Jun 10, 2022
Ok. Your proposed fan setup will change nothing.
The room will continue to become an inferno regardless of how you swap around the fans. The heat has to, and will get out of the PC and into your room heating it up.
i use AC but i want my PC to bee cooled that is all...

Jun 10, 2022
The fundamental thing you're missing is that a CPU/GPU cooler doesn't actually cool air, it simply removes it from the PC and transfers it into the air outside your PC. You could add 12 fans and have a fancy custom loop and have your PC run at much lower temperatures and it won't cool down your room at all. If your problem is room heat, PC cooling won't change that. 80 degrees for a GPU is not unusual. Power = heat; if you want less heat coming from your PC, you need to be using less power.
i use AC i just wanted to know if the method for fans works....that is all.

KyaraM

Admirable
What I did for my setup was using the top front fan as intake and the top back fan as exhaust, together with the regular exhaust fan. It definitely helped me reduce my CPU temperatures by 3-5°C minimum. I do have two front intake fans on top of that, though, despite the front being similar to yours. They do have an effect.

As others said, though, the better cooling won't help with room temperatures. It can improve CPU temperatures, of course.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i use AC but i want my PC to bee cooled that is all...
The reported cpu thermals are already good. The gpu is up there, but still acceptable and not dangerous.

What is the gpu cooler type:
A)Blower/Turbo
3665-front.jpg
Single radial fan that draws in air and rams it down the left side and heat comes out the back, at the grille next to the video ports.

B)Open air, exhausting out the sides of the card. [Note how the heatsink's fins point towards the sides.]
3658-front.jpg
Dual or triple axial cooler that draws air in, which heat is then expelled out the sides.

C)Open air, exhausting out the front and back of the card. [Note the heatsink's fin direction.]
5374-front.jpg
Single, dual, or triple axial cooler drawing air in, which heat is then expelled out the front and back.