[SOLVED] Is it possible Clone Drive C and then copy drive D to one same high capacity external Disk Drive?

Jul 18, 2021
Is it possible Clone Drive C and then copy drive D to one same high capacity external Disk Drive?

My PC has two SSDs I want to clone the disk with the OS and copy the storage disk in my PC to an external Seagate 5 TB drive just in case my windows update errases some data. I have Macrium Reflect but it says it will errase everything from the destination Disk before making the clone. I could also clone both Disks to the external Disk but this seems not to be possible.

Solution
Is it possible Clone Drive C and then copy drive D to one same high capacity external Disk Drive?

My PC has two SSDs I want to clone the disk with the OS and copy the storage disk in my PC to an external Seagate 5 TB drive just in case my windows update errases some data. I have Macrium Reflect but it says it will errase everything from the destination Disk before making the clone. I could also clone both Disks to the external Disk but this seems not to be possible.
Cloning is making an exact copy of one disk to another, this destroys the destination.
Imaging is taking all the information of one disk and either copying it directly to another drive or to an image file.
It's basically the same thing just slightly different...

USAFRet

Titan

Please give us a screencap of the current Disk Management window.

More questions to follow.

Cloning is making an exact copy of one disk to another, this destroys the destination.
Imaging is taking all the information of one disk and either copying it directly to another drive or to an image file.
It's basically the same thing just slightly different techniques.
What you want is to take an image of your C drive and put it on the 5Tb disk for safe keeping and do the same for the D drive, so you will end up with two very large files on your 5Tb drive that are exact copies of the originals nothing will be deleted or destroyed on the 5Tb drive when you take images.
https://reflect.macrium.com/webtutorial/How_to_create_a_disk_image.asp

Solution
Jul 18, 2021
Please give us a screencap of the current Disk Management window.

More questions to follow.
I can't insert image, the icon above instead of searching my PC demands an http://

Can I take an Image of C drive and then D drive using Macrium Reflect or should I use other software?

Jul 18, 2021
I decided to clone only Disk D to Disk F . It is taking hours!
I cloned Disc C to another external Disk.
I found the imaging tutorials to long and a bit boring frankly.
I know Disc C is to the brim, but now it is cloned to a much larger SSD which will replace it.

Last edited: