[SOLVED] Is it possible for someone to have a number with a UK country code in Japan

Dimitri001

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
This question is, frankly, brought about by a suspicion that I'm being catfished :)

Met someone online, she claims to be in Japan, but her number in whatsapp starts with +44, which is the country code for the UK. When asked, she says she studied in the UK.

Is it possible for someone to be living in Japan and for their number to start with the country code for the UK? Like, if she somehow transferred the number she had in UK to Japan?

Solution
You can take your mobile phone (most) everywhere on the world, and it still will have the original phone number. From what I've heard - WhatsApp can be installed on a PC as long as a person has access to the phone number. So if someone registered with UK phone, then moved to Japan - that's quite believable.
You can take your mobile phone (most) everywhere on the world, and it still will have the original phone number. From what I've heard - WhatsApp can be installed on a PC as long as a person has access to the phone number. So if someone registered with UK phone, then moved to Japan - that's quite believable.

Reactions: Dimitri001
Solution
Many times, they'll tell you that they want to see you, but can't afford a plane ticket. So you send them $1200 for the flight and like $200 for an uber and meals on such a long flight. Then ghost you as soon as they clear the funds.

The only real way to know for sure is to do a proper webcam chat to as least see if they're not a dude. Then social media stalk them to match sure their face matches up.