[SOLVED] Is it possible that update changed Double Click to single click?

Astralv

Distinguished
Hi. This is weird but it looks like 2 of my computers changed from double click to open a folder to single click? There was update that closed all my Edge pages with no option to reopen, but this behavior is odd. Folders open with single click! How do I change it back to double click? With further investigation- looks like it is just this backup drive. Ok- I have not lost my mind- it is only when using backup drive folders. Is it normal? Actually- it is not just happens on external drive- other folders also open with single click. ???

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, open a folder. At the top click on File then Change folder and search Options. In the General tab, it's the 2nd option down. Click items as follows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wish op was clearer, is it happening to all drives now or just some?

it is only when using backup drive folders. Is it normal? Actually- it is not just happens on external drive- other folders also open with single click. ???
this sentence is what throws me. I feel some commas are missing. I was going to tell Gman he had misread it and now I am not sure I haven't.

Do you use same logon on both PC as it is likely how it is on both PC. Probably a setting on your roaming profile. changing on one should change it on the other once you logon again.