Question Is it possible to change permissions on system files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolaj2000

Prominent
May 24, 2022
Hello,

Is it possible to change permissions on system files?

I have heard that is not possible because those files needed to be used by the system.

I will do nothing but I only wanna know because I`m worried about system files since April

Greetings

Hello,

Is it possible to change permissions on system files?

I have heard that is not possible because those files needed to be used by the system.

I will do nothing but I only wanna know because I`m worried about system files since April

Greetings
Is it possible? Yes. But not without jumping through several hoops.
Is it advisable? Absolutely not. Especially if you have to ask that question.

As above, why, exactly are you "worried about system files since April"? What happened in April to bring this on?

Nicolaj2000

Prominent
May 24, 2022
Is it possible? Yes. But not without jumping through several hoops.
Is it advisable? Absolutely not. Especially if you have to ask that question.

As above, why, exactly are you "worried about system files since April"? What happened in April to bring this on?
Since April I accidentally deleted files in the Windows folder but its already solved.
But since begin may I know more about bootmgr and Im scared if something goes wrong and I don`t have any USB or DVD...

Greetings

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since April I accidentally deleted files in the Windows folder but its already solved.
if its already solved, why worry?

best way to fix files would be to run system file checker and it will replace any that are missing/wrong
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

or do a repair install which will replace any files that are missing - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Status
Not open for further replies.