[SOLVED] Is it possible to disconnect an NVMe drive without physically removing it?

Solution
If you don't find it in BIOS, see if right clicking on the drive in Disk Management gives you that option in Properties.
There used be an option for spinning drives for saving energy, not sure if it's still there.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
If you don't find it in BIOS, see if right clicking on the drive in Disk Management gives you that option in Properties.
There used be an option for spinning drives for saving energy, not sure if it's still there.

Well, it would be quite use full if one could just disable an NVMe in the bios, and then make some changes to another drive such as making another windows boot drive with some spare drives, but since I don't see such an disable option in my bios and taking into consideration that most windows installs somehow bind them self's to the rest of the pc's hardware such as the motherboard, won't really be all that use full to make such a boot drive that could then be used with another pc requiring an upgrade of its drive.

For this to work, disregarding OOBE or whatever thats called again, might come into effect, but the procedure would have to be controlled from outside of windows, or I don't see a method other than that to make a pure boot drive out of an spare drive.

Well, it would be quite use full if one could just disable an NVMe in the bios, and then make some changes to another drive such as making another windows boot drive with some spare drives, but since I don't see such an disable option in my bios and taking into consideration that most windows installs somehow bind them self's to the rest of the pc's hardware such as the motherboard, won't really be all that use full to make such a boot drive that could then be used with another pc requiring an upgrade of its drive.

For this to work, disregarding OOBE or whatever thats called again, might come into effect, but the procedure would have to be controlled from outside of windows, or I don't see a method other than that to make a pure boot drive out of an spare drive.
There is something like this, but not sure how good it is...
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-run-windows-10-from-a-usb-drive

However, if Windows is not a priority for you, you can run live OS of many Linux versions from USB.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019