[SOLVED] Is it possible to dual-boot an USB drive with both an install and an OS?

Feb 2, 2020
Just so that you know, I have an 64GB drive which can handle any ISO. I really need help on this question since if my PC flipped up I will atleast have an Windows 8.1 OS and install on my USB. Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Oops! I forgot about that since it's been removed from Windows 10 now, and I never had Windows 8 or 8.1.

It's not exactly a full Windows install though - some limitations and some features missing --- and you would need to put it on a separate USB drive from your Windows installer USB drive because of the different boot requirements of each.

No Windows To Go exist from Windows 8 till present Windows 10 1903. It was only remove in 2004 version.. But I still think with AOMEI Partition Assistant you can still create Windows To Go.
Oops! I forgot about that since it's been removed from Windows 10 now, and I never had Windows 8 or 8.1.

It's not exactly a full Windows install though - some limitations and some features missing --- and you would need to put it on a separate USB drive from your Windows installer USB drive because of the different boot requirements of each.

Feb 2, 2020

Well, I used it on Windows 7 and it worked fine. Everything worked like normal windows.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018

No Windows To Go exist from Windows 8 till present Windows 10 1903. It was only remove in 2004 version.. But I still think with AOMEI Partition Assistant you can still create Windows To Go.

Solution