Is it possible to have a GTX 750ti without a 6pin?

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Can you have a gtx 750ti without a 6 pin cable? Like just plug into the PCI and screw it in then you're done? This guy that sold me the pc said the only GTX 750ti that's compatible is the one with two fans but I think he's only saying that because he's selling it

I call bovine excrement on what 'that guy' claims.

To answer your question: yes.

The GTX 750 ti is one of the most power efficient graphics cards available and there are models which do not require additional power connectors for them to work; they can run using the power supplied by the PCI-E slot and were designed to do so. Some models may have more elaborate cooling which may require additional power, but not all do.

I personally have an MSI GTX 750 ti 2GB Gaming which does not require a power connector even though it has two fans.

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Is there a version of a 750ti without 6pin? All I see is overclock superclock and ftw. Which version has no 6pin?

xFeaRDom

Estimable
There's also the Palit GTX 750Ti - I used to own this one, and for the size and price, it is a great, nifty little card. Would definitely recommend purchasing one.

Although, if you can find a GTX 1050Ti without the Connections, I would definitely recommend that over the 750Ti, it is only a margin more expensive than the 750Ti. I believe there are some out there, such as:

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-6251-KR

It only required 75W, which comes out of the PCI-E Slot.]

This is, if you don't have it already. But it depends on the pricing on the GTX 750Ti, how much is he selling it to you for?

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
He's selling it to me for £100 here's the linkhttps://www.technocart.co.uk/components/graphics-cards/gigabyte-gv-n75td5-2gi-nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card.html

He says this is compatible but I don't want to go through all the trouble of connecting wires. All I'm trying to play is league of legends and just want good fps as integrated graphics just gives me low fps in teamfights

xFeaRDom

Estimable

£100 - New or Used?

Either way, you can spend another £50 on top and get a much better card (1050Ti)

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Its new as they don't sell used. I just literally need to play League of Legends at an amazing fps that's all. With as little hassle as possible. Basically plug and play.
My motherboard is:
w3rVGlm.png

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Fair enough, not too sure about the LoL graphics requirement, but I'm sure it'll be fine, I am guessing it isn't too much of a stressful game.

The seller seems like a mini-scam artist, but for £100 new, it is around the pricing of the rest of the GTX 750Ti's.

I would still recommend the GTX 1050Ti, but that is if you're planning on playing some higher-end games, like BF1 etc. If you're just playing LoL, then the GTX 750Ti will be great for you. And it is a great card for the power and pricing.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Brooooo I just need to know whether it's compatible with my motherboard and whether it needs a 6pin

xFeaRDom

Estimable

It is compatible and it doesn't need a 6 pin. But as @Robcrezz said, a GTX 1050 is a much better performing card, and for the same price.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

I already said, yes its compatible, no it doesnt need a 6 pin.

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

How come it's newer, better and cheaper?

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

I'm on mobile and talking to two people in this thread sorry! How can you tell if a graphics card needs a 6pin or not

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Because as time goes on, there are always things that are newer, better, and cheaper. The GTX 1050 is preferable.

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

True but definitely not for iPhones, but thats irrelevant

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

They will usually list if it does need one on the specs. Or if you look at the picture its pretty easy to see if it has one or not.

Pretty sure all 1050 dont need one, as its a 40w card.

Just to chime in , do not entertain buying a 750ti now for £100 .
Its a 3 year old card & sellers are trying to offload old stock , if it were £75 or so it would be a decent deal but you can get a RX 460 for £100 or a gtx 1050 for a bit more & both are far better bus powered cards.

puredread

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Lol 40w? some website says its 75w

TRENDING THREADS