Question Is it possible to match my different ram models latencies, frequencies, and timings?

Jul 5, 2024
Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to manually match my RAM frequencies, latencies, and timings. I accidentally bought different RAM models and I believe the mismatch of the RAM's specs is causing boot errors when I try to enable XMP. As a result, I'm stuck at 2133 MHz RAM speed. If I tweak all of my RAM frequencies, latencies, and timings to match each other, will I be able to run at 3200 MHz?

My Specs:
  • intel core i7 11700 (cpu)
  • Gigabyte B560 DS3H AC-Y1 (motherboard)
  • G.skill 4x8gb DDR4 3200mhz ram (memory)
  • Windows 11

Here are images of the Ram info:
(First model: slot 1 and 4) (Second model: slot 2 and 3)

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Number

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

Here's some more info:

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If I were you, I wouldn't mix and match ram kits. If you want to upgrade the ram, look into a higher capacity kit matched from the factory or source identical rams that you currently have.

Since both kits are DDR4-3200MHz but one has tighter latencies, I'd advise you keep the tighter latency kit and source the exact kit after returning the other kit.

FYI, if the tires in your care all misaligned, you're only fighting the steering wheel and ruining your tires.

Reactions: RickGrimes

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Yes and don't.

It might seem stable until it's not. Or some other seemingly unrelated randomness happens that you can't narrow down.

I don't believe in 100% matching sticks if you don't have the means but they should at the very least be the same speed and CL (IMO).