Question Is it possible to re-flash the firmware on the Buffalo LS210 NAS?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The NAS is fairly new and has been problem-free for several months, but now it suddenly stopped doing daily backups. Nothing has been changed in the setup. But now it just reports "standing by" in the backup setup section. Even doing an immediate backup won't work. I'm out of ideas except for a firmware re-flash/rewrite. But even the way to do that option seems to have eluded me. If it is not a possible thing, I'd even like to know that. So, if anyone has any insight on this please let me know.
And yes, I tried Buffalo and their forum, but no response.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hey man, thanks. I'll see how close that NAS is to my LS210. I'll check again on that page to see if mine says that.
No, I wasn't using NOVAbackup. I was just using the HTML interface to access the backup settings. I never used NOVAbackup.

Update: Yeah, it appears to be the same as the one for my LS210 except maybe it's for a slightly older model. The firmware update works fine, but there seems to be no way to "re-flash" it. It just keeps telling me I have the latest firmware.

I seem to have all the parameters set correctly for doing a backup from NAS to USB drive, but the B/U never happens. The next day it just reports "back up failed". No explanation as to why. That's the reason I was down to trying to do a re-flash as a last resort. Oh well... should have bought a better NAS in the first place, I guess. Anyway, I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS