Question Is it possible to reset a computer without turning it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone.

Yesterday I was trying to download a VST Plugin for Fruity Loops and actually it was a virus and after restarting my computer I had a bluescreen. I tried everything to get it back to normal, like backuping, starting in safe mode and so on. after that I got the windows 10 iso on my external hard drive and started to install windows 10 in UEFI-Mode on a new SSD but always had a blackscreen after a while randomly. That triggered me so hard, that I went into Bios and changed everything... That wasn't smart and now when I try to start my computer Its always blackscreen and I cant even go to BIOS. I want to ask you guys if you maybe have an Idea how to fix that. Is it possible to reset my computer completely without turning it on?

Thanks already.

Oct 11, 2020
clear the cmos to reset the bios
full system spec?

I am rlly bad with computers, I hope this is right:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
Zotac Geforce GTX 780 Ti (or something like that)
SAMSUNG SSD 860 EVO 1TB
DDR3-2800+ Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
Be Quiet 650 WATT

Thats all I could find out, I have rlly no knowledge - i removed the cmos battery and waited 10 minutes that should reset right? huh I rlly have no idea how to move on further

Oct 11, 2020
The after effects of downloading and trying to install a pirated plugin are often quite bad.

Yeah, I learned from that. I dont know why it never happened to me though. I seemed to be lucky all the time, thats why I started trusting every "okay website". Kinda dumb of me xd But why are people doing such things, I dont get it.. To try out their coding skills and then be so proud of it to use it on others or what is the motivation, I really don't get it : O meeh

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, I learned from that. I dont know why it never happened to me though. I seemed to be lucky all the time, thats why I started trusting every "okay website". Kinda dumb of me xd But why are people doing such things, I dont get it.. To try out their coding skills and then be so proud of it to use it on others or what is the motivation, I really don't get it : O meeh
Or, the malware was always there and you just didn't notice.

In any case, don't pirate software.

Tom's Hardware has a strict policy regarding assistance with pirated software. No help at a all.
The only thing I'll suggest is a full wipe and reinstall.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.