Question Is it possible to revert back to the 1709 Windows update?

Mar 16, 2014
So I built myself and my brother new systems. Both have the same RAM and same CPU (r5 2600). My computer runs fine but his stutters like crazy. The FPS is high and all but the game seems to slow down every other frame, like small jumps. Lowering the resolution and graphics does seem to help but he has a good system (rx 470) and spent a lot of his money only to play a racing game on low and 900p. I do not know how to fix this, did a fresh windows install and absolutely no improvement. It happens in NFS Heat, AC Origins, Arkham Knight. I kept researching and it seems to be an old 1803 update that messed it up and they never fixed it. My question is it possible to revert ALL the way back there, especially after a fresh reinstall of windows. BTW I have tried the system memory cache fix where it clears it every 5 mins, tried running the game with windows explorer turned off, and pretty much all other small fixes. I would much rather find a fix for it but as of now I do not think that there is anything out threre.

There's no point in installing older windows 10 version. It will get updated to latest one anyway.

Start by listing full system specs of the problematic system. Include psu make/model also.
Next do some diagnosing. Use MSI afterburner, run game, where you experience stutters, and make screenshots from MSI Afterburner Hardware monitoring window. Graphs should be visible:
FPS, cpu usage/temperature, gpu usage/temperature, memory usage, ram usage, pagefile usage.
Show those screenshots (upload to imgur.com and post links).

Hardware monitoring window looks like this. Press <Detach> button in MSI afterburner, to make hardware monitoring window detachable and show more graphs.

Monitoring.png