[SOLVED] Is it possible to run Ryzen 5 3600 at 1.1 4.2 GHz?

Aug 23, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a friend and he is claiming that he runs his Ryzen 5 3600 at 1.1V and 4.2 GHz with a 25 dollar Snowman T6 Ultra cooler. He says he doesn't exceed 55 degrees while on load is this actually possible or is it a lie? Isn't the voltaje low for 4.2 GHz?

Solution
That was Blend mode. Sample size too small.
See, what Prime 95 Blend mode does is that it runs through different presets one at a time. It's lighter on the cpu too, as it's used to test ram.
I forget how many presets there are, but I highly doubt they went through them all in under 2 minutes...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That was Blend mode. Sample size too small.
See, what Prime 95 Blend mode does is that it runs through different presets one at a time. It's lighter on the cpu too, as it's used to test ram.
I forget how many presets there are, but I highly doubt they went through them all in under 2 minutes...

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I actually was just watching a video last night about this.

I don't know the name of the program or designer but this fellow made a deal that you download, use in conjunction with Ryzen Master and Cinebench R20. It takes readings from RM and then offers a baseline OC/UV to plug in.
Could be that this individual used this and tuned settings along with (as mentioned above) winning the silicone lottery.