[SOLVED] Is it possible to "separate" my primary partition in the SSD?

Apr 29, 2020
So as with all computers, my Windows OS is on my SSD. I was wondering if it's possible to "separate" the primary partition from it, because it's currently lumped in with the boot, file page and crash dump. Why would I want to do this, in case if my OS gets corrupted and I can re-install the it without having to worry about my most used programs getting wiped with it.

Thanks for the help

Solution
So as with all computers, my Windows OS is on my SSD. I was wondering if it's possible to "separate" the primary partition from it, because it's currently lumped in with the boot, file page and crash dump. Why would I want to do this, in case if my OS gets corrupted and I can re-install the it without having to worry about my most used programs getting wiped with it.

Thanks for the help
And "programs" will need to be reinstalled anyway. You can't apply previously installed applications to a new OS install.

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks for the help
And "programs" will need to be reinstalled anyway. You can't apply previously installed applications to a new OS install.

Solution
having to restore from backup due to a corrupted OS is somewhat rare (and even moreso on an SSD) unless playing on the fringes of every last 5-10 MHz of overclock...

Even so, the entire C:drive, OS and applications, could be backed up on an external USB spinning drive, of which there are numerous samples in 2-3 TB capacities for as little as $60-$70 these days...

I'd use Macrium Reflect to backup the entire C: drive and be done with it. (Is there some reason in the event of a disaster you could not reinstall applications as well?)

Reactions: Sohom