[SOLVED] Is it possible to Share Graphics Memory with Operating System..?

Aug 18, 2019
Guys.. I have 8GB Radeon Dedicated Graphics Card and how can i share this 8gb to Opertaing System.... i have 8GB RAM in my OS. And, Now i want to add Graphics Card Memory. So, It will be like 8GPU+8RAM=16Gb(SYSTEM MEMORY) Like Swap But im using Windows10 Opertaing System.

Thanks
Mohamed Ibrahim
AMD RyZen 3700x

Solution
Guys.. I have 8GB Radeon Dedicated Graphics Card and how can i share this 8gb to Opertaing System.... i have 8GB RAM in my OS. And, Now i want to add Graphics Card Memory. So, It will be like 8GPU+8RAM=16Gb(SYSTEM MEMORY) Like Swap But im using Windows10 Opertaing System.

NO. It doesn't work that way. You cannot just add the Memory amount. GPU's VRAM is totally different from the system MEMORY/RAM. They both have their own roles in any PC.

Also, you cannot even increase the VRAM of your Video card. It's hardware-agnostic. Only if when you run out of GPU VRAM. the OS might take the system RAM, if required, otherwise not.

If you want to add MEMORY sticks, then buy a new RAM kit. What's the Model of your...

NO. It doesn't work that way. You cannot just add the Memory amount. GPU's VRAM is totally different from the system MEMORY/RAM. They both have their own roles in any PC.

Also, you cannot even increase the VRAM of your Video card. It's hardware-agnostic. Only if when you run out of GPU VRAM. the OS might take the system RAM, if required, otherwise not.

If you want to add MEMORY sticks, then buy a new RAM kit. What's the Model of your Motherboard ? How many slots are there for the RAM ?

sorry for all the typo errors

Last edited:
Reactions: PC Tailor
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
You can use the gpuram as a ramdisk - https://github.com/prsyahmi/GpuRamDrive
It's pretty slow as far as ramdisks go and makes my gpu fan spin up from idle.
That in no way does what the OP was asking for.

And from the author:
"This merely just a PoC, user who search for this kind of solution is advised to upgrade the RAM or buy a faster storage. "

Reactions: Metal Messiah.