Question Is it possible to update the BIOS on the Pegatron Corporation 2AB6 motherboard ?

Apr 15, 2024
How can I find an update for my Pegatron Corporation 2AB6 motherboard?

I got a HP Pavilion P7-1080LA, and I have a problem with my RAM slots, I can only use two slots, and I can't use dual channel! I mean, I need to use 2 slots together (a blue and a black), and if I use two blue or two black there's an annoying beep playing

I found that it could be solved by updating BIOS, I got AMI 7.13, and I've seen there is an AMI 7.14, but I can't find it, how can I search?

My SKU is QN686AA#ABM
I know is a very old motherboard, and maybe I should get a new one, but currently is what I have =(

Also I would like to use a better graphic, should I use GT 730? Or there's another one better?

Thankkksss!

Apr 15, 2024
I checked, but this PC seems to be on HP's "retired product" list.

I wouldn't flash random BIOS files claiming to be the correct update but not from HP, so I guess you're stuck here. :(
Yeah that's my hurry =( my mb is very old, so I can't find the BIOS updater, otherwise, I've found some articles talking about modded versions, do you think is a good option?

On the other hand, I found this recently:

https://www.facebook.com/share/vkdxFjT7cf7jwDJ7/?mibextid=oFDknk

My BIOS version is from 05/04/2011, and the guy is talking about a version from 12/12/2011, do you think it would be a good/secure option?

Last edited:

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Yeah that's my hurry =( my mb is very old, so I can't find the BIOS updater, otherwise, I've found some articles talking about modded versions, do you think is a good option?

On the other hand, I found this recently:

https://www.facebook.com/share/vkdxFjT7cf7jwDJ7/?mibextid=oFDknk

My BIOS version is from 05/04/2011, and the guy is talking about a version from 12/12/2011, do you think it would be a good/secure option?
Nope, there isn't a way for me to guarantee anything. You brick it, and you'll need a bios chip flasher or something like that to get the system working.

Even before that, you'll need a backup of the current BIOS as well.

Any unofficial BIOS you flash, idk if it will work, so its all up to you to flash it or not.

Reactions: Führer02
Apr 15, 2024
Nope, there isn't a way for me to guarantee anything. You brick it, and you'll need a bios chip flasher or something like that to get the system working.

Even before that, you'll need a backup of the current BIOS as well.

Any unofficial BIOS you flash, idk if it will work, so its all up to you to flash it or not.
What a deal, I just want to upgrade my graphics, but everything is screaming to me to just buy another pc lol

Thanks for helping!