Is it possible to use an Xbox 360 controller on a PlayStation 2?

LA BlackCathe

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
So, I have a PS2 slim and I would use a DualShock 1 controller, but it didn't work completely because milk was spilled on it and I hit a moment in FF 12 to where I NEEDED to use those buttons that didn't work.
Is there any way I can get a USB Xbox 360 controller to work through the USB port on the back of my PlayStation 2?
If not work simply by hooking it up, is there a way I can format it through my PC to work on the PS2?
I'm desperate to finish my game. I haven't played in 2-3 years.

Solution
No. It's simply not compatible.

Have you considered opening up the PlayStation controller that had liquid spilled on it to see if it can be cleaned?

There are adapters you could purchase to make your 360 controller compatible with your PlayStation. A Google search should point you in the right direction.
No. It's simply not compatible.

Have you considered opening up the PlayStation controller that had liquid spilled on it to see if it can be cleaned?

There are adapters you could purchase to make your 360 controller compatible with your PlayStation. A Google search should point you in the right direction.

Solution

LA BlackCathe

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

I'd open it up right now, but I feel as though it won't do any good to clean it, seeing as milk was spilled on it quite a few years ago haha.
I was really hoping to avoid spending money, but that adapter seems really useful, so thanks for the recommendation!
I've been searching for a while and haven't come across anyone talking about an adapter.

TRENDING THREADS