[SOLVED] Is it possible to use both the internal and external Graphics memory (Both Intel 640 HD and Nvidia GT 1030) at a time? If so then how?

Aug 29, 2020
I have been wondering if somehow i can use both the internal and external graphics card at one monitor. Is it really even possible to do so? and If so then how?
My Rig:
Intel Processor 9400 (Intel 640 Graphics Integrated)
Nvidia GT 1030 (2GB)
Ram 8 GB
Motherboard : Gigabyte H310M S2H 2.0

Thx in advance for ur concern!

Solution
Is it possible to use both the internal and external Graphics memory (Both Intel 640 HD and Nvidia GT 1030) at a time? If so then how?
The integrated graphics for an i5-9400 don't include any dedicated graphics memory. They simply use a portion of your system RAM for that purpose when enabled. The GT 1030 has 2GB of dedicated VRAM, but will also utilize the slower system memory when that VRAM is exceeded. So there would really be nothing to gain performance-wise from using the integrated graphics alongside the dedicated card.
As long as you have a monitor with two inputs and your mobo/gpu have those two plugs it's very easy you just chose the right input from your monitor and switch between the two.
As soon as windows recognizes that you have connected the igpu to a monitor it will come up with the normal driver installation dialog.
You can also use converters if the plugs don't match up but there are a number of traps there.

Is it possible to use both the internal and external Graphics memory (Both Intel 640 HD and Nvidia GT 1030) at a time? If so then how?
The integrated graphics for an i5-9400 don't include any dedicated graphics memory. They simply use a portion of your system RAM for that purpose when enabled. The GT 1030 has 2GB of dedicated VRAM, but will also utilize the slower system memory when that VRAM is exceeded. So there would really be nothing to gain performance-wise from using the integrated graphics alongside the dedicated card.

Solution
Why would you want to use both? I'm very sure that if you used the integrated GPU and the GT 1030 both at once for gaming the integrated graphics would just drag everything down with it. It's not really an option anyway though. But if you want to use both separately you can do that by enabling both the PCI-E and iGPU in the bios.