[SOLVED] is it possible..

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
When i was thinking about upgrading my pc before getting laid off before ryzen 3000 there was a x470 motherboard i read that could use wifi and ethernet together, use wifi for less intensive stuff like misc things, while dedicating the ethernet to whatever you want (gaming) does the asus TUF wifi do this as well for x570? or is that kinda out the window?

Solution
What are you hoping to get out of the upgrade, and what hardware does your current system have now? Are you planning on upgrading any other components?

Considering how close the performance of a Ryzen 3600 is to a 3600X (typically within a few percent in CPU-limited scenarios), it's questionable whether it's worth paying an extra $40-$50 (20%-25% more) for that part.

Also, B450 motherboards should be able to handle these processors just fine with a BIOS update, and some, like MSI's B450 Tomahawk, can have their BIOS updated using a thumb drive without the need for a 1st or 2nd-gen Ryzen processor. Those boards don't support PCIe 4.0, but the benefits of that interface will likely be minimal for some years to come.

VRM temperatures...
When i was thinking about upgrading my pc before getting laid off before ryzen 3000 there was a x470 motherboard i read that could use wifi and ethernet together, use wifi for less intensive stuff like misc things, while dedicating the ethernet to whatever you want (gaming) does the asus TUF wifi do this as well for x570? or is that kinda out the window?
You can use WiFi and Ethernet NIC at same time with any MB, just can't have internet on both of them at same time.

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
hmm damn.. what would you recommend in the 200-250 range for a motherboard for a 3600x. i dont want the vrms getting to hot i was looking at aorus master/ultra/pro, and elite or the ASUS TUF motherboard. i can go a little over the 250 if its worth it but id like to try and stick close to the 250 cap if i can. i watched the buildzoid video but havent seen any actual reviews from personal experience so im hoping someone here can give me their input on a couple of choices especially based off of first hand experience thanks for the help

What are you hoping to get out of the upgrade, and what hardware does your current system have now? Are you planning on upgrading any other components?

Considering how close the performance of a Ryzen 3600 is to a 3600X (typically within a few percent in CPU-limited scenarios), it's questionable whether it's worth paying an extra $40-$50 (20%-25% more) for that part.

Also, B450 motherboards should be able to handle these processors just fine with a BIOS update, and some, like MSI's B450 Tomahawk, can have their BIOS updated using a thumb drive without the need for a 1st or 2nd-gen Ryzen processor. Those boards don't support PCIe 4.0, but the benefits of that interface will likely be minimal for some years to come.

VRM temperatures probably don't matter much for the 6-core, 12-thread parts either. That's likely more a concern for the higher core-count offerings, like the 12-core, 24-thread 3900X, or the upcoming 16-core, 32-thread 3950X.

If you have a limited budget for the upgrade, a 3600 with a B450 motherboard would cost a lot less while offering a similar level of performance. And that money could be put toward other components, if needed.

Solution