[SOLVED] Is it really worth to upgrade to 11th generation intel from intel 8th generation 8700k

Solution
I’m kind of at the same point man. Hold with what you have IMO. I’m playing 1080p, but I currently have a ryzen 5 3600 with 16gb ram and a gtx 1070.

Lately I find myself thinking of upgrading the board, since I’m using a b350 board. However I could upgrade to a better cpu. But the thought for 5000 series chips has crossed my mind. On the other hand, I’d really need to upgrade my gpu to have the need for a better cpu. Which there are new cpus, sockets and ram coming out, so I can save my pennies, or I can still upgrade to a ryzen 3700x or so if I wanted.

But more than likely I’ll hold and maybe get another 1tb ssd for storage which could basically get me to 2 1tb ssd drives for storage/games, plus I’ve got a 256gb nvme for...

USAFRet

Titan
I like to keep up with the technology and not fall too far behind
"fall too far behind"

Hardware doesn't matter.
My main system is a i7-4790k+32GB RAM+RX-580. Currently, it does what I need it to do. I probably would have upgraded this year, except for the whole scalper+inflated prices thing.

I do not feel I am "falling behind"

Is the current system doing what you need? If so, no need to spend money.

But if you want to upgrade 'just because', no need to ask us...Just Do It.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
with a config you have, you don't really have a reason to upgrade @ 1440p gaming scenario. You should be good for at least another 2 years.
As the situation is right Intel situation right now is pretty much now the same as it was with Broadwell microarchitecture a few years back. AMD is in a good place at the moment very much as it was around in Athlon XP/MP days.

But what's more important, both AMD and Intel have fundamental socket/architecture change on horizon next year. With what you have right now you can comfortably sit back, relax and watch both release their respectable architectures next year. And by christmas 2022 you can comfortably cherry pick whatever turns out to be the best bang for the buck.

I’m kind of at the same point man. Hold with what you have IMO. I’m playing 1080p, but I currently have a ryzen 5 3600 with 16gb ram and a gtx 1070.

Lately I find myself thinking of upgrading the board, since I’m using a b350 board. However I could upgrade to a better cpu. But the thought for 5000 series chips has crossed my mind. On the other hand, I’d really need to upgrade my gpu to have the need for a better cpu. Which there are new cpus, sockets and ram coming out, so I can save my pennies, or I can still upgrade to a ryzen 3700x or so if I wanted.

But more than likely I’ll hold and maybe get another 1tb ssd for storage which could basically get me to 2 1tb ssd drives for storage/games, plus I’ve got a 256gb nvme for boot, so then the last of the hard drives in my pc could be retired. Or I may save up for an rtx 3070 or 3060.

Solution