[SOLVED] Is it recommended to use 6 pin gpu connector

Solution
To elaborate: No.

1. Molex-to-PCIe adapters are basically a fire hazard.
  2. If your PSU does not have the connectors required for the card, then one or both of the following is true:
    1. Your PSU doesn't provide enough power to support the card
    2. Your PSU is of low quality, and likely cannot safely provide the amount of power it claims to provide.
What is the brand and EXACT model of your PSU?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

2. If your PSU does not have the connectors required for the card, then one or both of the following is true:
    2. Your PSU is of low quality, and likely cannot safely provide the amount of power it claims to provide.

Solution
Oct 15, 2020

Thanks alot for your recommendation its a cheap one from lapcare 450W model i recently got 1060

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Geez, I'm not sure I'd have been using this PSU even without the GPU.

71jbP8m5shL._SL1500_.jpg

It's a sub-300W PSU in post-1998 terms.

You're quite lucky this company didn't pretend they could run PCIE cards on this thing. If this thing had the proper connectors, you might not longer own a GTX 1060.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Never heard of it - that the listing doesn't even show the rail specs, and that there's no 80 Plus efficiency rating at all, suggests it's probably a disaster waiting to happen.

Click on the first link in my signature. That is my go-to, and an absolute MUST read, for getting a good PSU (and avoiding bad ones).

Good PSUs cannot be had cheaply, particularly now that we've got the pandemic happening, but they are a safety device, and important to avoid possibly frying your components.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
lol... planing to buy a new PSU then what do u think about this?
Artis 500 Watt Super Silent Gaming PC SMPS
https://www.amazon.in/Artis-AR-VIP-...07L1S8M8J/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

whats ur though in this unit?

No, also garbage with a slightly different brand name.

We house a curated power supply tier list of known safe, competent power supplies.

I personally would not get anything below Tier B on this list; I like my components running healthy and problem-free for a long time. But I absolutely would not recommend using this GPU with anything below Tier C.

Oct 15, 2020
Never heard of it - that the listing doesn't even show the rail specs, and that there's no 80 Plus efficiency rating at all, suggests it's probably a disaster waiting to happen.

Click on the first link in my signature. That is my go-to, and an absolute MUST read, for getting a good PSU (and avoiding bad ones).

Good PSUs cannot be had cheaply, particularly now that we've got the pandemic happening, but they are a safety device, and important to avoid possibly frying your components.
THX man.... i will conside buying corsair PSU :D