[SOLVED] Is it safe for me to connect 8 pin PSU to 6+2 pin PCIE on my Cerberus 1070Ti?

Jan 10, 2023
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is an irritating question,

I have bought a Cerberus 1070Ti and noticed I lost the PCIe cable, and purchased one that says it is compatible with my Corsair RM750 PSU. The cable I bought is 8 pin PSU to 2x 6+2 pin PCIe. Just want to double check that this will be okay for me to use?

Thanks for any help,
Ghost

Solution
Hi,

I have bought a Cerberus 1070Ti and noticed I lost the PCIe cable, and purchased one that says it is compatible with my Corsair RM750 PSU. The cable I bought is 8 pin PSU to 2x 6+2 pin PCIe. Just want to double check that this will be okay for me to use?

Thanks for any help,
Ghost
Second source power cables are always a gamble. If the cable is from a reputable manufacturer and you can't find any horror stories via google, I would say you should be OK.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

Thanks for any help,
Ghost
Second source power cables are always a gamble. If the cable is from a reputable manufacturer and you can't find any horror stories via google, I would say you should be OK.

Solution