Question Is it safe to add another storage drive to my computer?

Jun 25, 2020
Hello, I am new to this so sorry for any stupid things I say in advance.

I am running out of storage on my 1tb hhd and I am thinking about adding another storage drive my pc. My main concern is on whether my pc is compatable with another ssd.

Here are its specs...

Intel i5-9400f 2.9ghz, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 6gb, 24gb ddr4, 120 ssd, 1tb hdd.

I believe the motherboard is a MSI b360m.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020
I don't see a problem with adding more storage.
If you want some specific storage recommendations please ask! :)
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I am thinking about getting a 2tb ssd upgrade. Is there any recommendations that are compatable with my motherboard?

Sep 11, 2020
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I am thinking about getting a 2tb ssd upgrade. Is there any recommendations that are compatable with my motherboard?

As long as its sata III any drive will work fine. Hdd and ssd both connect to mobo with a sata data cable and a sata power cable going to power supply. The people who make sata revisions try very hard to make them forwards and backwards compatable, even m.2 cards sata 3.x that connect in a pcie slot are sata and will work together with older sata 3 drives connected through a data cable. Storage is basically universal, assuming you have enough slots to put them in and data and power connectors to connect to them. You might find this interesting, skip to the revisions section and forwards/backwards compatability section.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA