[SOLVED] is it safe to clean case front mesh with water ?

a_a_mansour

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
my case front mesh is really dusty and it seems there are stains that won't go with simple cleaning so is it safe to use water to clean it and let it dry or maybe this will cause damage to it and affects air flow ?

Solution
Assuming you can remove it, take it to the sink and clean it, or run it through the dishwasher. Make sure it's completely dry before re-installing. I do this to the dust filters on several of my cases around once a year or so. I typically use a leaf blower about every six weeks or so inbetween.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Assuming you can remove it, take it to the sink and clean it, or run it through the dishwasher. Make sure it's completely dry before re-installing. I do this to the dust filters on several of my cases around once a year or so. I typically use a leaf blower about every six weeks or so inbetween.

Reactions: MDtoBe
Solution
Jul 26, 2021
Just as punkncat mentioned, as long as it is removable, it's safe to do so. If not, I suggest disconnecting from power, and then using a high percentage isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel, giving it a slight scrub, making sure it's fully evaporated before reconnecting to power and booting. That should clean it right up. If it is removable, the dishwasher is a great way to clean it because the heat from the water in the dishwasher will help bring up some stubborn dust.

Jul 26, 2021

The leaf blower trick is incredible. Though, some people still seem to think that it's bad for the fans :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: punkncat