[SOLVED] Is it safe to leave my CPU and stock cooler in the box it comes with for a long time?

Dec 15, 2019
I am going to build a PC soon and I am collecting money as of now, I have bought the CPU, a Ryzen 5 2600 and the case. I'm 14 so I don't have a job where I can work every day. My mom is an arborist and I help her clean up branches and such, so this job is heavily season dependant. It is winter right now, so I don't have many opportunities, so I am forced to leave my CPU to just sit in the box it came with. So is it dangerous to keep it there for a few months?

As the others have said there is no problem with pc parts sitting unused. However my personal opinion is don’t buy parts 1 at a time. Save up until you can buy the base system. My main reason for this is you want to find out any issues ASAP, if you do that straight after buying you are far less like to have issues or delays getting it resolved. Also generally (not always) the cost to build a system with a specific list of parts goes down over time. You may find you can build for less or get more for your money.

This is just friendly advice and whatever you do good luck with the build.