[SOLVED] Is it safe to plug and unplug psu?

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
So recently my 1 1/2 month old psu (Seasonic M12II Evo) died i dont know how it happened there was a blackout but at that time of the blackout my computer is not plugged in, just wanted to know if you could damage a psu by unplugging and switching the psu when i shut the pc off and when i turn it on i plug the psu then switch the psu to on, again just wanted to know is there any bad thing that could happen? I would like to take care of my new psu🥰

Ps. Last question do i need an avr or surge protector, ups,?

Solution
So recently my 1 1/2 month old psu (Seasonic M12II Evo) died i dont know how it happened there was a blackout but at that time of the blackout my computer is not plugged in, just wanted to know if you could damage a psu by unplugging and switching the psu when i shut the pc off and when i turn it on i plug the psu then switch the psu to on, again just wanted to know is there any bad thing that could happen? I would like to take care of my new psu🥰

No. Plugging and unplugging does nothing. Unless the wall switch was on, which also shouldn't do anything really, plugging and unplugging doesn't do anything. I have my PSU plugged into a small surge protecting socket which...

No. Plugging and unplugging does nothing. Unless the wall switch was on, which also shouldn't do anything really, plugging and unplugging doesn't do anything. I have my PSU plugged into a small surge protecting socket which is plugged into my UPS (UK vs India plug problems). If your electricity goes out often or if you have brownouts I'd suggest getting a UPS. They have built in surge protection too

Solution

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
No. Plugging and unplugging does nothing. Unless the wall switch was on, which also shouldn't do anything really, plugging and unplugging doesn't do anything. I have my PSU plugged into a small surge protecting socket which is plugged into my UPS (UK vs India plug problems). If your electricity goes out often or if you have brownouts I'd suggest getting a UPS. They have built in surge protection too
So i really dont know how my old psu died smh thanks

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
But is it safe for a computer to be 24/7 plugged in into a surge protector?

ineedhelppleaseu

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah its safe, but i dont really recommend it with that PSU, get something with higher wattage and better effeciency atleast GOLD or PLATINUM.
No, thats my old psu that a dead one, i got a new one gigabyte P750GM a gold modular 750w psu i heard its a b tier so i got it since its the only ---- in stock

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS