Is it safe to remove the following registry keys?

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013
I ran a malware scanner that found all of these malware files, however I would like to run it through some pros here to see if the scanner made any mistakes before I delete these. Some are registry keys that don't have any obvious sounding names, that's why I ask. Thanks!

Link: http://imgur.com/fqBJ2Tm

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

Malwarebytes, someone in another thread suggested it, should I trust it?

When I run Malwarebytes i just remove everything. it quaranties it all so it can be restored if needed. Besides if malwarebytes finds it, it isn't anything that is usually good anyways lol. PUPs usually aren't a huge deal but I always remove everything.

I use

ADWCleaner, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, Hitman Pro (30 free trial), RougeKiller, TDSSKiller are the main ones and i usually just remove anything and everything it finds. Then for the really bad stuff I use ComboFix, but DO NOT use Combofix unless you know what you are doing or are told to do so by someone who does.

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

I ran it and removed those files annnnd now my SSD (OS) is not recognized by my pc..................

What do I do now...? It'll boot to BIOS but not any further.

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

It seems to change what happens after BIOS with time.

Right now it boots past BIOS, show the windows 8.1 loading logo, then goes black like it would before it shows the background, except it stays black and nothing happens afterward, there are no sound when this happens.

My SSD does show up in BIOS.

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

I booted into safe mode and everything works fine, when I boot right after booting from safe mode, everything works fine, but when I shut my PC down it installs these updates (doesn't specify) and when it's done downloading all 29 files, it just shows a black screen again (I left it for 6 hours to see if it would complete, it didn't). When I restart my PC, it goes to Windows Repair Mode again, where I load into safe mode and restart the loop. It seems it is only not functioning after it tries installing these 29 files that it cannot install.

Ok try this. Boot into safe mode - Then go to C:\Windows

Find a folder call "Softwaredistribution" and delete it. It is only cashed files for windows backup.

Then click on the start and go to search in upper right corner and then search for MSCONFIG

Once in msconfig click on the services tab. At the bottoms is a box that says "Hide all Microsoft Services" Click that it should hide them all (The list will be A LOT Shorter) Then click on the button "Disable All" Then click on the Start Up Tab and click the Disable All here

You may get a message saying "Access Denied" on some of them that is most likely your antivirus programs if any preventing you or some other software from shutting it down. I know AVG Is like this.

Then restart into normal mode, go to Control panel NOT PC Settings, go to windows updates and search for updates and install and see if that works.

Sounds like there may have been some malware that caused more issues than you needed. Very rarely though is there is a malware/virus that when removed by malwarebytes that it hurts your PC like this. The only time I have that happen is 1) Root kits which you cant even boot back into windows 2) A malware that ware redirecting your webpages and you can get back online after removal because it hides a proxy that no longer exist.

Try that out and get back to me.

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

Ok, I'll give a shot, but I have worse news, after all the trouble, Malwarebytes sucks ass and didn't even delete the virus, it reinstalled itself into chrome and obviously still exist's somewhere in my PC, any idea what to do at this point? Can MalwareBytes find it if it didn't the last time I ran it and deleted the registry keys?

Yea malware can be tricky at times. A few programs i use.

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (This is mainly a scanner but can be use to remove files and registry. I mainly use this because sometimes malware can install a fake proxy that is hidden. I just run the scan and under the Internet Explorer part i look for any proxies.

Hitman Pro - Free Trial version.

ADWCleaner - Good program for cleaning up malware and adaware

Rouge Killer - Good malware scanner

TDSSKiller - For detecting and removing rootkits

Also the Microsoft Malware Removal Tool is great as well too

If all else fails you can remove chrome, delete all files, and then reinstall it. Had to do this with a client just yesterday and firefox. I couldn't for the life of me find what was causing redirect or pop ups so i just delete all files for firefox and reinstalled and it worked fine.

kaio37k

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2013

Ya, uninstalling seems to be the best option at this point. It really sucks cause although it is cliche, I am very, very, very cautious of what goes on my PC and keep everything extremely organized so it's a bit of a jab to the heart not being able to find the problem.

I don't use any malware protectors just cause this is the first time I've had this issue, honestly probably still won't just cause of how intrusive they are and I can't imagine I'll have another problem like this again... Thanks a ton for the help!! I really appreciate it! I haven't tried the steps to remove the updates yet but I'll get back to you when I do.

Yup same here. I have AVG AntiVirus Free but that is it. I rarely run any scans or anything AND I do go to some shady sites at time but I think because 95% of my internet traffic is Facebook and Tom's here I don't get around enough to get anything XD

But yea try the updates one and see if that fixes your issue there and gets the updates going again. most of the time with updates that fixes the issue unless the virus had really screwed something up.

May also want to run (From an elevated command prompt) sfc /scannow from the CMD and see if there are any windows files that don't match up.