Question Is it safe to use HDD Docking station connected all the time?

alrosh

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
Hi,
My new laptop has only 1 hard disk instead of two. So I need an external hdd connected all the time to access the rest of my files frequently. So,...

- Is docking station reliable enough to do that? If so, any good recommendation for it? I found this one already on Amazon Germany.
""FIDECO USB Hard Drive Docking Station Offline Cloning Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA, Supports TF & SD Card""

There are also enclosures around, any difference between them and docking station? Maybe it's more comfort to keep hdd in horizontal position instead of vertical?

- I can go with buying external hd if the both solutions above not working but that is the last resort, since i already have too many internal hd.

Hi,
My new laptop has only 1 hard disk instead of two. So I need an external hdd connected all the time to access the rest of my files frequently. So,...

- Is docking station reliable enough to do that? If so, any good recommendation for it? I found this one already on Amazon Germany.
""FIDECO USB Hard Drive Docking Station Offline Cloning Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA, Supports TF & SD Card""

There are also enclosures around, any difference between them and docking station? Maybe it's more comfort to keep hdd in horizontal position instead of vertical?

- I can go with buying external hd if the both solutions above not working but that is the last resort, since i already have too many internal hd.
As far safety is concerned, there's no difference with built in disk.