Question Is it safe to use my XPG PSU ?

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
I bought an XPG Starker case with an XPG Probe 600w bronze psu 6 months ago. Is this power supply is good enough till I can replace it with a better unit?. So far it only shut once when my hand accidentally slammed keyboard and mouse's wires at the same time while using the usb ports in the back of my case.
My system specs are an i3 10105F, MSI Z490-A Pro, 2x16GB ddr4 3200mhz, 5xHDDS, an nvme m2 ssd 1tb, sound blaster z, 4x120mm argb fans ,and a rx 6600 non xt.

Last edited:
Solution
As noted, it's junk. A group-regulated PSU has no business being in a modern gaming PC. This PSU is basically designed for parts from 1999, before the +12V rail became a big deal.

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
Hey there.

Which exact XPG model is it. You can check the sticker on the side of the PSU to tell. YOu may have to take off a side panel to check.
IMG4128.jpg

Last edited:

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
Yup, absolute junk. XPG has some really good power supplies. This isn't one of them. This is the cheapest thing they could find to stuff in a case. Should never be used with a GPU that requires supplementary problem. This PSU isn't good enough to turn on with this GPU.
I found one review for this power supply but it's in Russian. I translated it to English via firefox add-on but due to being totally inexperienced with power supplies, I didn't understand much of the information provided in the review. Here is the link
https://www.ixbt.com/supply/xpg-probe-600w-review.html
Translated version
https://www-ixbt-com.translate.goog...ew.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Last edited:

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
As noted, it's junk. A group-regulated PSU has no business being in a modern gaming PC. This PSU is basically designed for parts from 1999, before the +12V rail became a big deal.
Is Seasonic CORE-GM-650 a good power supply for my rig?. I'm sorry for prolong this discussion. I found it on an online store in my country for a reasonable price ,but after finding out that psus like the one I'm using now flooded the tech market where I live, I'm hesitant to purchase a new one without a proper advice.

Is Seasonic CORE-GM-650 a good power supply for my rig?. I'm sorry for prolong this discussion. I found it on an online store in my country for a reasonable price ,but after finding out that psus like the one I'm using now flooded the tech market where I live, I'm hesitant to purchase a new one without a proper advice.
That's a good unit.

Reactions: George8829

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
It's a little bit more noisy, but it's reliable.

Reactions: George8829