[SOLVED] Is it Viable and do People Game on Hackintoshes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKonchu

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
As in games not being optimised for Mac OSX, lesser amount of games, etc etc. It sounds like a novel idea but the more I think about it the worse it seems.

Solution
Uhmmm, not very many. Most have a Mac for doing audio or video, or people who have just converted to an IPhone and are on the apple bandwagon. They just want 100% Mac because they think they are better. The last group will install the odd game that was ported to OSX.

I have some friends that now own IPhone, a MAC computer, and Apple TV. They are 100% MAC and it irritates me.

gondo

Distinguished
Some games are released for OSX but it's rare.

The problem is windows supports Direct X and that's what games are made with. Microsoft is the driving force behind DirectX and if it wasn't for that PC gaming wouldn't be what it is today. And I believe gaming and DirectX specifically is the one major force keeping windows and the PC alive. Otherwise we'd all just be using an Android Tablet or Linux computer.

Microsoft has DirectX driving it's XBox and PC business.

gondo

Distinguished
Uhmmm, not very many. Most have a Mac for doing audio or video, or people who have just converted to an IPhone and are on the apple bandwagon. They just want 100% Mac because they think they are better. The last group will install the odd game that was ported to OSX.

I have some friends that now own IPhone, a MAC computer, and Apple TV. They are 100% MAC and it irritates me.

Solution

gondo

Distinguished
Also keep in mind that most Apple uses probably choose nintendo or playstation for console gaming. PC gamers are a hardcore bunch, and by that I mean hardcore mac haters.

I don't know what I love more, my love for PC or my Hate for apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.