Discussion Is it worth buying an Emergency power bank?

What type of power bank is better in your opinion?

• Emergency power bank ( portable, fits in your pocket , but capacity under 3000 mAh)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regular power bank ( larger, heavier, but larger capacity more than 3000 mAh)

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Aug 30, 2019
My phone runs out of battery pretty quick ( old model), so I'm looking for a power bank and came across this terminology.

The emergency power bank is more portable, you can put in your pocket or on your keychain.

They are all under 3000 mAh so does not much of charge.

But the price is cheap, at around $20.

What do you think?

4745454b

Titan
I have one of these in my backpack. I've used it a lot. Flew across the country earlier this year and was able to play offline games on my phone without worries. Went camping and was able to play music softly while sleeping and my phone didn't die. I acutally suggest replacing your phone. But having a power bank is always a good idea.

Reactions: Nikki Dang

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Regular power banks are better, considering that fact that all of them lose around 20 to 30% energy because of heat and conversion.

A 20,000 mAh power bank after all the energy loss should still be able to full charge a Galaxy Note 8 exactly 4 times, or more depending on how much you charge.

I have a 2600 mAh power bank but it cannot full charge my 3000 mAh phone even once.

It works but is not something i would recommend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Dang