Question Is it worth buying this graphics card ?

Jul 20, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing the Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB graphics card, and I wanted to get some feedback from those who have experience with it. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding:

1. The overall performance of this card
  2. How well it handles modern games in terms of FPS (Frames Per Second) at different settings (e.g., 1080p, 1440p, 4K)
  3. Its cooling efficiency and noise levels
  4. Any issues or quirks you've encountered
  5. How it compares to other similar cards in the same price range

Any insights or personal experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Thanks

I'm considering purchasing the Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB graphics card
The overall performance of this card
How well it handles modern games in terms of FPS (Frames Per Second) at different settings (e.g., 1080p, 1440p, 4K)
How it compares to other similar cards in the same price range
It is 1080p/1440p card. 4k is too much for it.
Its cooling efficiency and noise levels
Cooling efficiency depends on the cooler. Different manufacturers use different cooling systems.
Bigger cooler/more fans - better cooling performance.

Jul 13, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing the Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB graphics card, and I wanted to get some feedback from those who have experience with it. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding:

1. The overall performance of this card
  2. How well it handles modern games in terms of FPS (Frames Per Second) at different settings (e.g., 1080p, 1440p, 4K)
  3. Its cooling efficiency and noise levels
  4. Any issues or quirks you've encountered
  5. How it compares to other similar cards in the same price range

Any insights or personal experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Thanks
If you're interested in pure performance and don't have any brand specific features you'd prefer to have when choosing a GPU, you can use this hierarchy to answer 3 of your questions (overall performance, fps in 8 different games, and comparisons to different cards):

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

I'll give you my thoughts, but since you said:
...and I wanted to get some feedback from those who have experience with it.
I should mention that I do NOT own a 4060 Ti and cannot provide exact specifics, rather more general info.

You might see a lot of people online talking bad about the 4060 and 4060 Ti because of their prices. Obviously, prices always change and different markets have different prices for things, but where I'm from you can get an ASUS DUAL 6750 XT for a slight bit cheaper. Using the hierarchy I mentioned, let's compare these two cards. We can see the 6750xt does outperform the 4060 Ti 8GB and 16GB variants in ALL resolutions at ultra settings. If what you care about is strictly your FPS per dollar, then a Radeon GPU might be a better pick for you. There's a flip side to this coin though, and that is Ray Tracing performance. NVidia dominates the RT market (For example, in 1080p ultra - an RTX4060TI 8GB hits about 75 FPS, compared to the barely 50 FPS from the 6750 XT), so if you care about RT and features like DLSS, an RTX GPU is a better option. Outside of gaming, for stuff like Machine Learning and just in general AI stuff, NVidia's CUDA Cores are superior.

What work do you at your PC? What titles do you play? some GPUs will be better than others in different games. The answer to these questions is how I can give you my best recommendation.

As for stuff specific to the ASUS DUAL 4060 Ti, it is louder than a regular 4060 Ti, 34.2 Decibels at 50cm distance. While gaming, you can expect a temperature around 64C and a hotspot of 74C. It does run a bit hot (43C) at idle*

*Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-4060-ti-dual-oc/36.html

(Keep in mind, temperatures are INCREDIBLY variable, anything can be at play here, from location to case airflow to even differences due to manufacturing mistakes.)

Last edited:
One very important question here is the system you want to put it into. Because I'd only put the 8gb variant into a PCI-E 4 or higher system. PCI-E 3 at a push, but you'd still be losing some performance.

If you went for the 16gb variant, PCI-E 3 would be fine as the card wouldn't run out of memory trying to get up and down that PCI-E 3 bus.

If a PCI-E 2 system, totally forget it.