Is it worth it buying a Google Pixel C or a Nexus 9?

donnihonig

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Hello,

For a long time, I've wished for a solid, great performing android tablet. I love using Android on phones, but for some reason manufacturers seem to fail at implementing it well on tablets. So I've turn to Google. Unfortunately, Google recently discontinued their flagship tablet, the Pixel C, and directing their customers at their Pixelbook. Even though the Pixelbook runs android apps, at heart it's really a laptop then a tablet.

Even though it's very hard to find, there are sighting of Pixel C tablets on ebay. More commonly, Nexus 9.

My question is: Is it worth it purchasing these devices now, or is it really dated tech? I could turn to the iPads but I really love Android and don't want to move into the Apple/iOS ecosystem. Are these device ( Pixel C or Nexus 9) worth purchasing?

All answered appreciated.

Thanks,

Donni

Solution

Never tried either of them. I did just test out a Google Pixel that was sent to my work as a demo, hardware was great and the Android setup was nice. Useless for us at work, but my daughter liked it. If the Pixel tablet is as good quality, that would be a good one to get. And of course the Samsung stuff is nice they are usually in the top few tablets in comparisons.

donnihonig

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017

Thanks, now which one?

Th pixel C is a great tablet but is almost impossible to find ( New).
The Nexus 9 is everywhere on ebay but is older....

Never tried either of them. I did just test out a Google Pixel that was sent to my work as a demo, hardware was great and the Android setup was nice. Useless for us at work, but my daughter liked it. If the Pixel tablet is as good quality, that would be a good one to get. And of course the Samsung stuff is nice they are usually in the top few tablets in comparisons.

Solution