[SOLVED] Is it worth it to overclock the zotac geforce gtx 1660 6 gb

Solution
It's a matter of perspective. Running a 1980x1200 monitor, the refresh will most likely be 60 or 75Hz. If the games you play are able to meet that number or more, then adding further fps possible from the gpu is meaningless to anything but a benchmark.

It's only if the gpu is limited to under refresh that OC might make for better available fps and smoother game play.

So run the card at stock values. If the game at ultra doesn't get refresh fps, then try OC. If it does get refresh, there'll be no gain from OC.
Jan 24, 2020
That answer is unknown since we don’t know how much you can overclock. You should definitely try cuZ it’s always worth it. On my 2080super playing cod at max settings at 2k I was getting 120fps now after I Overclocked it I’m getting 145-155 FPS.

Apr 30, 2020
That answer is unknown since we don’t know how much you can overclock. You should definitely try cuZ it’s always worth it. On my 2080super playing cod at max settings at 2k I was getting 120fps now after I Overclocked it I’m getting 145-155 FPS.
Bmurdy i have a 1920x1200 monitor is it worth to overclock it or its better to get 2060 ? i have amd ryzen 5 3400g zotac geforce gtx 1660 6gb 16 gb ram asrock ab350m pro4 and thermaltake 530 watt bronze plus

Worth is something only YOU can determine.
You have the means to answer your own question.
Graphics card vendors bin their chips and use the better ones in factory overclocked versions
that they can sell for more. You may be able to OC more, but then again, perhaps not.
They try to differentiate by adding cosmetics and fancy coolers which also sell for more.
If you need more performance,then consider buying a higher tier card in the first place.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a matter of perspective. Running a 1980x1200 monitor, the refresh will most likely be 60 or 75Hz. If the games you play are able to meet that number or more, then adding further fps possible from the gpu is meaningless to anything but a benchmark.

It's only if the gpu is limited to under refresh that OC might make for better available fps and smoother game play.

So run the card at stock values. If the game at ultra doesn't get refresh fps, then try OC. If it does get refresh, there'll be no gain from OC.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution