[SOLVED] is it worth updating my graphics card or is it time for new PC?

radicaldoc

Reputable
Oct 20, 2016
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard USB-3
Kingston Hyperx Genesis KHX 1600C9D3X2K2/8Gx = 24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
Intel® Core™ i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition 12M Cache, 3.33 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3, 80 Plus Gold 850W,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Gigabyte GV-RX580 GAMING-8GD -
Can i upgrade GPU? to play latest games now and in near future or is it worth it with my system?

Solution
OK NO i can't change it for that thanks all
Thanks for that i may look at the CPU then is there a Ryzen for my board then i thought it would be too old i better take a look around thanks for the help not up on this sort of stuff..thanks
I am also having many problems with ISDONE.dll errors which a cannot stop having tries many fixes for but to no avail tried everything on the web.
You cant install ryzen cpu on an intel motherboard. If you need to change to ryzen system, you'll need a new ram. I recommend a pair of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz. Ryzen 5 3600 or the 2600 if you're on budget. You can keep the hyper 212 evo because i think it's a bit better than the stock amd cooler. For the mobo, the msi b450 tomahawk is good. I am...
With the idea of playing at higher resolutions or higher graphics settings??
The answer would be yes.

With the idea of upping fps on newer titles?
I'd say no, The 580 you currently own is a good pairing with that old cpu.

It all depends on what games you play and what performance you expect.

Reactions: radicaldoc

poorbugger

Distinguished
You dont really need to upgrade right now. Your system is still capable of playing 1080p games at med to high at 60fps. If you want to upgrade, it would be better to upgrade your system but keep the gpu for now because there are better cpus out there now like ryzen 5 3600 or ryzen 7 3700x that performs better with better efficiency than the 980x. But with that said, your system is still capable. I would wait for end of this year or early next year to see what amd, nvidia and intel has to offer for their next gen cpu and gpu.

Reactions: radicaldoc

radicaldoc

Reputable
Oct 20, 2016
Thanks for that i may look at the CPU then is there a Ryzen for my board then i thought it would be too old i better take a look around thanks for the help not up on this sort of stuff..thanks
I am also having many problems with ISDONE.dll errors which a cannot stop having tries many fixes for but to no avail tried everything on the web.

poorbugger

Distinguished
OK NO i can't change it for that thanks all
You cant install ryzen cpu on an intel motherboard. If you need to change to ryzen system, you'll need a new ram. I recommend a pair of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz. Ryzen 5 3600 or the 2600 if you're on budget. You can keep the hyper 212 evo because i think it's a bit better than the stock amd cooler. For the mobo, the msi b450 tomahawk is good. I am using the asrock b450m pro4 and it's going well as well.

Solution

radicaldoc

Reputable
Oct 20, 2016
You cant install ryzen cpu on an intel motherboard. If you need to change to ryzen system, you'll need a new ram. I recommend a pair of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz. Ryzen 5 3600 or the 2600 if you're on budget. You can keep the hyper 212 evo because i think it's a bit better than the stock amd cooler. For the mobo, the msi b450 tomahawk is good. I am using the asrock b450m pro4 and it's going well as well.
yes i agree time for change one way or another thanks guys

TRENDING THREADS