[SOLVED] Is it worth upgrading from "ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070" dual fan to "ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition 12GB" dual fan?

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Good day,

Looking for another pair of eyes here - a suggestion from anyone as I've done a bunch of research online and am still not sure if I should go for the buy or not. I am not concerned about that 12GB ram since based on what I've found out that 12GB doesnt even do anything, so I dont care bout that 12GB thing and am treatitng it as an 8GB card, but i still cant make up my mind after seeing the comparison on the net between the two as it wins in some little aspects, but potentially loses in some others. My current RTX 2070 the basic two fan one that came with my prebuilt PC 4 years ago that cyberpower had installed in there, so in my head I have 3060 as a better option, but am thinking its a meeehhhhhhhh...

Main issue is i could not find that specific 3060 model/look to compare my current 2070 with, so i was checking a slightly different 3060, so thats why im not too sure. This RTX 3060 below is actually the only one that would fit my case since its 19.99cm in length and i cannot go beyond 21 really, so I guess I kind of have no choice, but to either get it or upgrade the case etc first, but I don't want upgrade yet, so I'd appreciate if somone could advise if it would still be an increase in gaming performence even if its a slight bit or not. Will I get 5-10-15% out of it or nothing at all? Cause since its the only one that fits my case I am either to buy it if I get at least something out of it or just wait until I upgrade and/or buy a new PC, so ya, wonder what your opinion is.

I will also be upgrading my PSU if I get that card since I have a thermal take cheap 600W that keeps 2070 going without issue, but still, I'll get a corsair 750m or 850m future needs...

Benchmark Result: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/60194395

1.png

2.png

The above is what I have:

The Below I what Im thinking to get instead:

3.png

4.png

Amazon link to above card https://www.amazon.ca/GeForce-Graph...2YR1/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks

Solution
Hey there

Those GPU's are so close, it's hard to separate them on pure raster alone. At 1080p it's ghard to call.

With that said, at 1440p and up it seems the 2070 may be a tad faster. 8gb vram matters more at higher res than 1080p. So the 12gb at 1440p, will be stronger.

The RTX3060 comes with better/efficient arch, and does better with any RTX on. The RTX 3060 is also superior for DLSS or DLDSR.

I would prob go with the 3060 if you intend on using higher res , or stick with 2070 at 1080p, which is plenty for maxing most games.
Hey there

Those GPU's are so close, it's hard to separate them on pure raster alone. At 1080p it's ghard to call.

With that said, at 1440p and up it seems the 2070 may be a tad faster. 8gb vram matters more at higher res than 1080p. So the 12gb at 1440p, will be stronger.

The RTX3060 comes with better/efficient arch, and does better with any RTX on. The RTX 3060 is also superior for DLSS or DLDSR.

I would prob go with the 3060 if you intend on using higher res , or stick with 2070 at 1080p, which is plenty for maxing most games.

Reactions: fragment0
Solution

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Hey there

Hey, tnx for a quick reply. Ok, sounds good, ya, I guess I'll give it a try then. I play games on my native 2560x1440 usually, on high settings, ultra seem laggy at times with lesser FPS obviously, but I see what you're saying, I guess ill give it a go.

Thank you

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
You might also try dlss to see if that helps. Interestingly enough you’ll be locked out of dlss 3.0 on cards below the 4000 series, but amd is supposed to be releasing fsr 3.0 at some point and it sounds like it well work on most cards so you may even give that a shot when it’s released also to see if that bumps up the fps.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead