[SOLVED] Is Kinguin legit?

Dakeron

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
So I've been thinking of building a PC and I've been seeing that Kinguin and other sites like those have way cheaper keys than Microsoft. Are these websites legit and do the keys work? Thanks for taking your time to answer if you choose to do so.

Solution
Different places.

Ones on my brothers pc so idk where it came from, but he has said it was a cheap key. Still activated.

My windows 10 came from scd keys. Still activated.

The office key on another relatives laptop came from some site seller on bonanza marketplace. Still activated.

I even bought a $3 windows xp key and iso from ebay a while ago since there is no way to buy a key from Microsoft for xp anymore. Havent used the key yet but the iso is legit.

Also, ebay has a 30 day guarentee on everything so that may be a safer route.
You can buy a cheapo key and if it works. Boom, money saved.

Or you can buy a cheapo key and it doesnt work. You can either contact support or buy another and risk it not working again. And then if that doesn't work you have to buy an expensive key and end up spending more money than buying an expensive key to begin with.

Reactions: Dakeron

Dakeron

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
You can buy a cheapo key and if it works. Boom, money saved.

Or you can buy a cheapo key and it doesnt work. You can either contact support or buy another and risk it not working again. And then if that doesn't work you have to buy an expensive key and end up spending more money than buying an expensive key to begin with.
Ok, so is it a good plan if I buy a cheap key, then if it doesn't work and then I contact support, and if that doesn't help then buy a Microsoft key?

Dakeron

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
I believe more times than not cheap keys work fine. People will have different opinions here, but I have multiple systems in my house running cheap keys for office or windows. These keys haven't failed me yet.

Its a plan for sure, but its arguable whether its a good one.
Where did you get those keys? All from scdkey?

Different places.

Ones on my brothers pc so idk where it came from, but he has said it was a cheap key. Still activated.

The office key on another relatives laptop came from some site seller on bonanza marketplace. Still activated.

I even bought a $3 windows xp key and iso from ebay a while ago since there is no way to buy a key from Microsoft for xp anymore. Havent used the key yet but the iso is legit.

Reactions: Dakeron
Solution
Different places.

I doubt ebay's buyer protection applies to windows keys getting blacklisted by MS themselves.
While its still considered getting scammed by ebay's terms, its not like they are going to take your side against MS.

I doubt ebay's buyer protection applies to windows keys getting blacklisted by MS themselves.
While its still considered getting scammed by ebay's terms, its not like they are going to take your side against MS.
Not sure. They do usually side with the buyer.

I would assume if the seller straight up fakes a key and gives you a key that doesnt exist ebay would side with the buyer.

TRENDING THREADS