[SOLVED] Is Mafia 3 a story-based game? or its different?

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hey guys.

There are some kind of games called "Story-based games" which focusing at the story (including cinematics and cutscenes) more than the gameplay itself, so the actual gameplay is by someway little, meaning that the game itself looks like a movie.

I didn't try Mafia series till this moment, i just heard recently that Mafia 1,2 are story-based games, but i heard that Mafia 3 is different, while i'm not sure from that, so i'm asking that here, does Mafia 3 the same?? or i can find big amount of gameplay to have fun with?? i just don't like much cinematics and cutscenes in games, i like long hours of gameplay.

Solution
OK, lemme clarify more:
Some games nowadays became like a movies to watch, not a game to play.
Story-based games means they are making a game, but it is actually a movie, not much hours to play, shoot, drive..etc, you're watching too much cinematics and cutscenes more than the actual playing.
I love to enjoy playing for longer hours more than watching cutscenes, so this is my question regarding Mafia 3.
I hope this clarification was good enough.
What you also need to understand about Mafia 3 is that it gets extremely repetitive very quickly and the only reason to play it is for the story and you're just doing missions to advance the story. It's open world and there's lots to do but non of it is fun gameplay, you'll probably have...

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Mafia 1,2,3 are open city games similar to GTA but with more emphasis on realistic story telling. I'm not sure of your meaning of a 'Story Based Game'. put simply they are 3rd person Shooter/Driving games

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Mafia 1,2,3 are open city games similar to GTA but with more emphasis on realistic story telling. I'm not sure of your meaning of a 'Story Based Game'. put simply they are 3rd person Shooter/Driving games

OK, lemme clarify more:
Story-based games means they are making a game, but it is actually a movie, not much hours to play, shoot, drive..etc, you're watching too much cinematics and cutscenes more than the actual playing.
I love to enjoy playing for longer hours more than watching cutscenes, so this is my question regarding Mafia 3.

There is a storyline that you have to follow, it is non-linear / open-world type and branches out as you progress and even moreso with the DLC. Very easy to skip the cutscenes if you want, I found them to be non-obtrusive and adds to the gameplay but not necessary. Very enjoyable especially with the sales price IMO...

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
OK, lemme clarify more:
What you also need to understand about Mafia 3 is that it gets extremely repetitive very quickly and the only reason to play it is for the story and you're just doing missions to advance the story. It's open world and there's lots to do but non of it is fun gameplay, you'll probably have a better time just driving around causing havoc as the wanted/cop system is more forgiving and you can easily lose the cops

Solution

TRENDING THREADS