Is microsoft office xp compatible with windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffma

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Hello,
I have microsoft office xp on computer running windows 7. It work fine at first then everytime I opened word or excel, it would ask for my product code. When I entered it, it said not valid. what is the problem

Solution
Thanks everybody for all the info. The problem was that the computer came with a test sample that had to be deleted or removed from the computer, plus removing the one I had installed too. After removing all the Microsoft office applications then I could load my version completely and successfully working fine.
D

Deleted member 217926

Follow my link to the hotfix for Outlook. It just will not save passwords.

D

Deleted member 217926

What version of Windows 7 do you have? With Ultimate or Professional you can try installing under XP mode. The more I read the more unsure I am about this. Some people say it installed fine in Windows 7 and some people have issues.

griffma

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks everybody for all the info. The problem was that the computer came with a test sample that had to be deleted or removed from the computer, plus removing the one I had installed too. After removing all the Microsoft office applications then I could load my version completely and successfully working fine.

Solution

hideoutreg

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I had issues initially, however, instead of using IMAP I used POP3 for Aol and Gmail, I also played with the outgoing/incoming servers, and have been able to get both to work. They now send and receive with no issues and password is saved. I am using Office XP with Windows 7 and both email programs are now running flawlessly in Outlook 2002

AOL INCOMING SERVER: 110

AOL OUTGOING SERVER: 587

DO NOT CHECK SSL BOXES

GMAIL INCOMING SERVER: 995

OUTGOING SERVER: 587

CHECK THE SSL BOXES FOR BOTH

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.