Is mouse lag normal?

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Lately I've noticed that not only in games, but on the desktop as well that there is mouse lag. Whenever I move my mouse there is a slight delay before something actually happens and it's so annoying.

I've looked all around the internet looking for solutions and haven't had any luck. I have even tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers and even tried the previous version which actually introduced screen tearing in games so i went back to the newer one. I have adaptive sync enabled and I'm using a 60hz monitor.

I'd really appreciate help on this because it has ruined my gaming experience.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 3 1300x, corsair vengeance 8gb ddr4 3000 mhz, msi gtx 1060 6gb, benq LED monitor and red dragon mouse and keyboard.

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017

in the nvidia control panel it says 60hz. How would i check to see if my monitor is set to 60hz as well?

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017

my monitor is a benq gl2450. Also I checked and my monitor is running at 60hz. I used https://www.vsynctester.com/ to test my input lag and when i move my mouse around and apparently my mouse is 2 frames behind. idk if this is normal or not. maybe you can do the test and tell me what you get. you just move the mouse around and there will be a number on top of the circle and mine said 2

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017

I have another monitor but unfortunately I don’t know where the power cable is for that one so no

Charles Hsu

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Are you using a wireless mouse? If so, is your receiver plugged onto the back or front of the pc. A similar thing happened to me before. I had a Logitech wireless mouse and was experiencing mouse lag/freeze. It turns out that the receiver was in the back of the pc and the signal would drop. I moved it to the front and the issue was solved.

TRENDING THREADS