Question Is MSI b350 Tomahawk compatible with Ryzen 2nd Gen?

Feb 24, 2019
Ok so I’m thinking on picking up a new CPU for my PC as I recently upgraded to a 2060. My current board is an MSI B350 Tomahawk which I bought back in the beginning of December. I was wondering if the Ryzen 2600 or 2600X would be compatible with the board straight out of the box or would I have to update my bios? My current cpu is a 1300x.

I’m confused because it says on the MSI website that the bios update for the 2600 compatibility came out in March 2018, however I bought the board in December 2018 so would it have not been already downloaded onto the mobo?

Yeah, that board may have been on the shelf for sale in March of 2018. You can boot into your bios and it will tell you what version you are running because it maybe running the correct bios. Or it may not. But if it is not running the correct bios, you will have to have a 1st gen AMD CPU to update the bios.

Feb 24, 2019
Yeah, that board may have been on the shelf for sale in March of 2018. You can boot into your bios and it will tell you what version you are running because it maybe running the correct bios. Or it may not. But if it is not running the correct bios, you will have to have a 1st gen AMD CPU to update the bios.
Yeah just checked the bios is from Jan 2018 so gonna have to update it!