[SOLVED] Is MSI Game boost/mode safe ?

Jul 12, 2019
I have MSI B450m bazooka v2 motherboard and a processor Ryzen 5 2600 , I have an option in BIOS to turn on Game boost/mode it basically increases my CPU clock about more 450 MHz to my base clock which is 3.4 GHz so that will be 3.85 GHz , is that safe or is it harming my cpu slowly? the cpu temp didn't actually increase or if it does ( rarely ) its like 2 C (max temp 66-67C ), some games acquired more fps (about 5-7 ) , it might sound strange but the GPU temp got a little bit higher more 3C ( max temp was 73C and its now 76C) , I am a 3D modeler and use alot of 3D softwares so I want to know also if this gonna help me in 3D softwares or not , I have run test benchmark (userbenchmark software) for my pc before and after turning the game boost , and it was actually kinda impressing , gaming bench jumped from 52% to 60% , Desktop bench jumped from 49% to 59% and Workstation bench jumped from 45% to 54%.
CPU bench jumped from 62.7% to 77.1% , GPU bench jumped from 57.1% to 64.4% and both RAM and Hard drive increased by 10% more bench, so is it safe to keep it that way ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
MSI Game Boost overclocks the CPU, compatible GPU and sometimes RAM as well at medium-level or so. To put it shot: it's a lazy way for PC OC.

Though, you need to be careful with any automatic OC since they often feed too much voltage to CPU Vcore. E.g when i enabled my MSI Game Boost for a sort while, it instantly set my i5-6600K Vcore to 1.4V.

For any kind of OC, it's best when you do it manually (CPU and RAM OC only from BIOS and GPU OC from e.g MSI Afterburner).

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
MSI Game Boost overclocks the CPU, compatible GPU and sometimes RAM as well at medium-level or so. To put it shot: it's a lazy way for PC OC.

Though, you need to be careful with any automatic OC since they often feed too much voltage to CPU Vcore. E.g when i enabled my MSI Game Boost for a sort while, it instantly set my i5-6600K Vcore to 1.4V.

For any kind of OC, it's best when you do it manually (CPU and RAM OC only from BIOS and GPU OC from e.g MSI Afterburner).

Solution