[SOLVED] Is my Adata SSD among the SSDs that have been mislead toward consumers in terms of its performance capabilities?

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I bought an Adata XPG Gammix S50 1TB SSD this past 2020 Black Friday. I was going to use it for a new gaming PC build before the current GPU and CPU shortage really became a problem. My SSD, along with all of the other PC components, are still in their manufacturer packaging. I recently heard that some SSD manufacturers have been misleading consumers in terms of their SSD performance speeds and endurances. I recently saw a Linus Tech Tips video on YouTube where it discusses the mentioned issues with one of Adata's other SSDs. I will provide a link to both the video and my SSD below.

Now, I do not really understand all of the ins and outs of SSDs. I would like to know if my XPG Gammix S50 SSD is among those SSDs that have been called out for not performing as advertised. If my SSD is among those that have been called out, could you provide recommendations on PCIE 4.0 SSDs or whatever is the most current generation of PCIE SSD from a trustworthy brand that performs as advertised and works well for gaming?

Thanks in advance.

This should be illegal… - Manufacturers are swapping SSD components - YouTube

Amazon.com: XPG GAMMIX S50 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 4x4 NVMe 1.3 Internal SSD (AGAMMIXS50-1TT-C): Computers & Accessories

Solution
A review from Tomshardware in October 2020 lists the same memory and controller as a PCMag Review in January 2021 and an Anandtech review in April 2021. So, it doesn't look like they changed hardware. I'm guessing that isn't an affected model. It was already using cheap parts anyways.
A review from Tomshardware in October 2020 lists the same memory and controller as a PCMag Review in January 2021 and an Anandtech review in April 2021. So, it doesn't look like they changed hardware. I'm guessing that isn't an affected model. It was already using cheap parts anyways.

Solution