[SOLVED] Is my battery case blocking my signal?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I got a battery case a couple days ago, it covers the entire back of my iPhone 7 except the flashlight and camera. I have Verizon, and I don’t seem to get a signal most of the time. It’s not unusual that I don’t get a signal but this is happening a lot more since I put the case on, is this a coincidence or is the battery case blocking my cell phone signal. I can connect to my home wifi just fine, so idk if that’s it. If it is is there any fix or workaround? If not then that’s $30 in the hole.

Solution
Well, yes. I took it out and restarted my phone and I have a signal again. I really want a better case but how can I be sure every one won’t do that? Do you have any suggestions or things to look out for?

Not really, in this kind of situation it's a, "it is what it is" type deal. The only real solution is to swap the case with a plastic case and get an external battery bank.
Have you tried noting the connection strength of the signal with the battery on and off in the same exact physical location?

If nothing changes when you do this, then it's probably just the range of the cellular tower that's the issue and not the power pack.

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Have you tried noting the connection strength of the signal with the battery on and off in the same exact physical location?

If nothing changes when you do this, then it's probably just the range of the cellular tower that's the issue and not the power pack.
Well, yes. I took it out and restarted my phone and I have a signal again. I really want a better case but how can I be sure every one won’t do that? Do you have any suggestions or things to look out for?

Not really, in this kind of situation it's a, "it is what it is" type deal. The only real solution is to swap the case with a plastic case and get an external battery bank.

Solution

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So do all battery cases have this problem? I looked at battery banks and they look a little big, I want something that will fit and my pocket with my phone and not have my phone die before the day is over.

So do all battery cases have this problem? I looked at battery banks and they look a little big, I want something that will fit and my pocket with my phone and not have my phone die before the day is over.

https://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Del...argid=aud-829758849484:pla-667404095166&psc=1

Something like this would work well. Has enough storage to charge your phone twice and has type C charging port for fast charging. Also doesn't look too bulky. It's also possible that it was just that specific casing that caused a bad connection but I can't say for sure.