i5-8400
b360-f
cryorig h7
hyperx fury 2x4gb ddr4
seagate barracuda 1tb
asus rx580 dual
evga 500bv
nzxt s340 elite

is everything okay and compatible? any suggestions or improvements?

Solution
Not sure your location or budget, but I would make a few changes.

The 8400 is a really good CPU, but now that the b450 motherboards have been released, the 2600 from AMD is really appealing. It will have very similar performance as the 8400 in gaming, but it has twice the threads that will be very nice for multitasking. It also comes with a very good stock cooler, so there will be no need for an aftermarket cooler.

You can stick with 8gb of RAM for now, but if you have room in your budget, 16gb will give you a boost in some games. But 8gb will meet the minimum requirements for about every game.

I really suggest you add a SSD. It wont improve your gaming performance, but it will drastically speedup boot and load times. It...
Not sure your location or budget, but I would make a few changes.

The 8400 is a really good CPU, but now that the b450 motherboards have been released, the 2600 from AMD is really appealing. It will have very similar performance as the 8400 in gaming, but it has twice the threads that will be very nice for multitasking. It also comes with a very good stock cooler, so there will be no need for an aftermarket cooler.

You can stick with 8gb of RAM for now, but if you have room in your budget, 16gb will give you a boost in some games. But 8gb will meet the minimum requirements for about every game.

I really suggest you add a SSD. It wont improve your gaming performance, but it will drastically speedup boot and load times. It will make your entire PC feel more responsive. The SSD I selected below is not the fastest, but it is a very good price and will be 10 times faster than a HDD.

The rx580 is a good midrange card. It is neck and neck in performance with the 1060. The advantage is the 580 supports free sync and free sync is much cheaper when you buy a monitor. So I would go with the 580 and you can use free sync on a supported monitor. Where the 1060 will run on gsync and monitors with gsync are very expensive.

I would also go with a bit better PSU. A PSU malfunction can damage your machine. I suggest getting a quality PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic.

I would go with something like this:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/79bDkd
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/79bDkd/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($170.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg Business)
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.95 @ Newegg)
Total: $742.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-03 08:31 EDT-0400

Solution
Mar 11, 2018

thanks! I will be sure to keep this in mind

Mar 11, 2018

thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into those parts right away!

TRENDING THREADS