Is my card dead? screen color distortion

Jun 19, 2018
So ever since my computer crashed while gaming, it has restarted and looked like this:
https://imgur.com/a/PkbNmwa

I have reinstalled the card several times with various past drivers including the original. If i remove the card and driver, it uses the integrated graphics just fine. The screenshot is also taken after a new windows installation. At this point i think the card is gone.

Would it be better if i just get a new card? Has anyone faced this problem before?

Thank you
Also what would you call or describe what my screen looks like; distortion? tearing? idk (for future reference)

Solution
I've seen this issue happen before also with drivers, when there is a software conflicting with Nvidia drivers. For me it was a display adapter driver I had installed for my 3rd monitor which was a TV. It would disable my Nvidia driver just as it showed in your picture.

I would check uninstall programs for any display adaptors, remove them, then run DDU and reinstall Nvidia drivers from a fresh install.

First work out the driver issues before troubleshooting the screen programs. Fixing drivers issue may fix the screen display problem.
In device manager , right click on it, update, then browse and browse again and find extracted folder with drivers, after you selected tick include subfolders, press next and let it install.

If it doesnt work, try cleaning GPU, re-pasting and use isopropyl alchohol to clean GPU from dust completley ( detailed), try swapping PCIE power cable ( just in case).
Which psu you have and rest of specs?

I've seen this issue happen before also with drivers, when there is a software conflicting with Nvidia drivers. For me it was a display adapter driver I had installed for my 3rd monitor which was a TV. It would disable my Nvidia driver just as it showed in your picture.

I would check uninstall programs for any display adaptors, remove them, then run DDU and reinstall Nvidia drivers from a fresh install.

First work out the driver issues before troubleshooting the screen programs. Fixing drivers issue may fix the screen display problem.

Solution