Question Is my computer good for gaming?

Reid8

Commendable
Jan 2, 2021
I want to know if my pc is medium, high, or low end. Specs from speccy:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.60GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0KWVT8 (CPU 1)
%1 Chipset
Graphics
DELL U3014 (2560x1600@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (ZOTAC International) 32 °C
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 30 °C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA ) 30 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

DSzymborski

Titan
You can't just use speccy for all your specs. What's your exact model of RAM? What power supply are you using? What exact i7? What's your exact motherboard?

Just from what you post here, I'd say low midrange. The GPU's midrange, but the CPU is outdated at this point. I'd take that all back if you have a junk PSU, however.

Worrying about what the "label" of your PC is is a waste of your time. If your PC meets your needs, it's good, if it doesn't, it's not.

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Well its enough, but for the next 1-2 years, not so sure, since the cpu and ram will clearly be the bottleneck. Start saving up for a new cpu, motherboard, and ram, possibly a new psu too, since the haswell i7 has aged for some time

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
around low-mid, what im really concerned rn is the airflow on that dell xps 8700, f youre using it for heavy gaming like AAA titles, im sure that system will get hot fast, since the 4790 can run pretty hot and, looking from the picture, cooled by a tiny cpu fan, and the other is the 1660, i bet the 1660 is pretty cramped inside that, what you can do is save up for a whole new system and/or keep the 1660 for that build to save money

Reid8

Commendable
Jan 2, 2021
around low-mid, what im really concerned rn is the airflow on that dell xps 8700, f youre using it for heavy gaming like AAA titles, im sure that system will get hot fast, since the 4790 can run pretty hot and, looking from the picture, cooled by a tiny cpu fan, and the other is the 1660, i bet the 1660 is pretty cramped inside that, what you can do is save up for a whole new system and/or keep the 1660 for that build to save money
luckily, I am getting a new pc coming later today.

it is not finished. when it gets here I want to know if it is high-end for gaming and streaming.

You really want to know this BEFORE you buy a system not after. All you need to do is look up the CPU and Video card and look at reviews for them, that would get you the relative speed of the PC. Other parts are important to stability and making sure system runs well but they don't affect the speed as much.

Reid8

Commendable
Jan 2, 2021
I got a new pc today since my old one was 7 years old. Is it high, medium, or low end for gaming/streaming?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MARCHAND
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model MS-7C91
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.40, 10/29/2020
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C91)
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
User Name marchand\Reid
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 8.79 GB
Total Virtual Memory 27.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB
Page File Space 11.2 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, Disabled by policy, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Reid8

Commendable
Jan 2, 2021
I am looking for an affordable video card made by NVIDIA that will bring high FPS to video games and amazing exported video quality for streams and recording! I currently have an NVIDIA GTX 1660. What should I buy?