Question Is my computer good for gaming?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Reid8

Commendable
Jan 2, 2021
What is your monitor's resolution?
What is your monitor's refresh rate?
Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
What's the brand and exact model number of your monitor?

At the very least, with a refresh rate of 60, we know that frame rates higher than 60 are meaningless for you. There's no point to having high FPS if your monitor can only display 60 frames/sec.
I have a dell U3014. Will a RTX 3070 allow me to do max settings, rtx epic, dlss performance n fortnitie with over 100 fps?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have a dell U3014. Will a RTX 3070 allow me to do max settings, rtx epic, dlss performance n fortnitie with over 100 fps?

No. I seem to be finding inconsistent information, but some sources say that monitor has a maximum refresh rate of 86Hz, and others say 60Hz.

While a fast video card will be able to drive higher framerates, your monitor cannot display more frames per second than its refresh rate.

Reid8

Commendable
Jan 2, 2021
My CPU is ryzen 5 3600. Currently i have a GTX 1660 but I will stream once I get a 3060. I use NVENC encoder to stream, which encodes using my GPU.

DSzymborski

Titan
You're literally asking this in two other thread you have going simultaneously, a thread which in itself was already a spinoff of a previous thread.

Opening a new thread for every aspect of your PC upgrade is not going to be a thing. The two options to choose from are one thread or zero threads. Not two, not three, not four, not any larger number.

Having a 'high-end' pc is also a personall preference.
Personally a pc that has a lets say 4790K with 1080Ti is considered extremely high-end to me, simply because i cant afford such things, since im a minor.
For someone else that is considered absolute garbage, so people have different opinions.